Best Words Spoken at Republican Convention

Harper

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 06:40 am
Dick Cheney:

Quote:
I accept your nomination for Vice-Presidentt of the United States.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 696 • Replies: 10
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:02 am
Those were the BEST spoken words Harper??? I was kinda hoping Cheney would shrivel up and die!
0 Replies

Larry434

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:08 am
" "Even in this post-9-11 period, Senator Kerry doesn't appear to understand how the world has changed. He talks about leading a more sensitive war on terror... as though al Qaeda will be impressed with our softer side."...Dick Cheney.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:17 am
This just makes him sound like a bully.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:54 am
goodnight....
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:59 am
Wow, Ya Cheney the old man is quite a bully. But in a way hes right; Al-Qaeda doesnt give a rats ass about nice and diplomatic ways of doing things. They opnly understand brute force and even then i don't think htey understand it well.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 10:12 am
Dick Cheney is all business. My favorite words:

"This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed Forces?

U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?" -Zell Miller
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 11:27 am
Ron Silver

Quote:

Zell

Quote:
For it has been said so truthfully that it is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the agitator, who has given us the freedom to protest.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag.
No one should dare to even think about being the Commander in Chief of this country if he doesn't believe with all his heart that our soldiers are liberators abroad and defenders of freedom at home.
But don't waste your breath telling that to the leaders of my party today. In their warped way of thinking America is the problem, not the solution.

McCain

Quote:
Those who criticize that decision would have us believe that the choice was between a status quo that was well enough left alone and war. But there was no status quo to be left alone.

The years of keeping Saddam in a box were coming to a close. The international consensus that he be kept isolated and unarmed had eroded to the point that many critics of military action had decided the time had come again to do business with Saddam, despite his near daily attacks on our pilots, and his refusal, until his last day in power, to allow the unrestricted inspection of his arsenal.
Our choice wasn't between a benign status quo and the bloodshed of war.
It was between war and a graver threat. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Not our critics abroad. Not our political opponents.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:54 pm
Quote:

For it has been said so truthfully that it is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the agitator, who has given us the freedom to protest.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag who gives that protester the freedom to abuse and burn that flag.
No one should dare to even think about being the Commander in Chief of this country if he doesn't believe with all his heart that our soldiers are liberators abroad and defenders of freedom at home.
But don't waste your breath telling that to the leaders of my party today. In their warped way of thinking America is the problem, not the solution.

No America is not the problem, having an incompetent narcissistic leader guiding it is though.

Sadly, it is the soldier who makes the sacrifice in the name of freedom. But even sadder still, sometimes the soldier pays the ultimate price in the name of freedom but not for freedom itself.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 12:57 pm
I'd love any one of the speakers to explain to the American people why it was neccessary to lie to go to Iraq, if Saddam was really such a bad guy and WMD aren't why we went, anyways. Seriously.

As for Zell Miller, this is the same man that told LBJ that he 'sold his soul to the negroes.' His opinions are immaterial.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 01:19 pm
I really hate that 'soldiers died for the freedom you use to betray your president' type argument. The way I see it, if someone died for my freedoms and I didn't exercise them, wouldn't that make their sacrifice in vain?
0 Replies