Wars

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 08:32 am
Will there will a time with no wars in Human history?
Or is it just a part of Human nature?

dalehileman

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:50 am
@Amel Mrissa,
Amel good q. Looking back, so many wars were so silly

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/01/a-study-of-ancient-japanese-bones-might-challenge-our-ideas-about-human-nature/?wpisrc=nl_az_most
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 01:42 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
The bible tells of a time when the nations will " . . . beat their swords into plowshares . . .". - Isaiah 2:4, Micah 4:3, Joel 3:10
mesquite

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 02:12 pm
@neologist,
That's not the way the story ends though is it?
neologist

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 02:14 pm
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
That's not the way the story ends though is it?
Certainly been a long long time.
But we are not the timekeepers.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 02:43 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
You can't delete history (however inaccurate) - So 'human-history' shall always contain war-content.
And war is NOT what any sane (relative) animal wants or desires - But the top of the pyramid are not sane (of empathic/altruistic intent).

If you tolerate this, then.... your children will be next - Manic Street Preachers -
If you sojourn via 'reincarnation' (meta) - You return (as a child) to exist again in the world you left behind - Reap/Sew.. etc - Me

So, if you want a warless realm - Make it so, or die trying... Then try again - Until you get 'it' right.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 07:43 pm
@neologist,
That seems a little outdated, don't you think?

How do you beat a nuclear warhead, or a claymore mine or a predator drone into a plowshare?
neologist

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 09:14 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
That seems a little outdated, don't you think?

How do you beat a nuclear warhead, or a claymore mine or a predator drone into a plowshare?
Heh!
Take them apart and rebuild them into microwave ovens Laughing
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2016 11:16 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
Quote:
Will there be a time with no wars?

When legislation outlaws war , and the legislation is enforced.

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

― Albert Einstein
mark noble

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 03:35 am
@Miss L Toad,
And that (One of two) quote/s, by 'uncle Albert', is all he (The individual, rather than the 'scientific Godhead' (Now Cox, Hawkin, machu pichu (Pun)))
actually contributed to the species.
WW3 is well underway - But it's a geo/economic war, and invisible to the masses.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 07:24 am
@Amel Mrissa,
Amel Mrissa wrote:

Will there will a time with no wars in Human history?

No, because you can't change History, it's happened.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 10:13 am
@Miss L Toad,
Quote:
When legislation outlaws war , and the legislation is enforced.

So there Miss Toad.

What we need is some kind of super-powerful police force controlled by some centralized authority that can clamp down on any warlike behavior?

Is that how it would work if we want to end war?
Real Music

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 01:22 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
Quote:
Will there will a time with no wars
Or is it just a part of Human nature?

I think the real question should be: Will there ever be a time when humans will no longer have a reason to go war? That is the ultimate question. If the reasons for going to war cease to exist, there would be no war. Reasons might include the desire or need of taking another country's land, the desire or need of taking another country's wealth, the desire or need of taking another country's natural resources, the desire or need of enslaving or controlling the people of another country. Each of these reasons all have some type of ECONOMIC component.

Some wars have racial components. Also, some wars have religious components.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 01:41 pm
@Real Music,
What are you suggesting RealMusic? Are you saying if we get rid of economies, then we get rid of war?
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 02:29 pm
@Real Music,
Quote:
I think the real question should be: Will there ever be a time when humans will no longer have a reason to go war? That is the ultimate question. If the reasons for going to war cease to exist, there would be no war. Reasons might include the desire or need of taking another country's land, the desire or need of taking another country's wealth, the desire or need of taking another country's natural resources, the desire or need of enslaving or controlling the people of another country. Each of these reasons all have some type of ECONOMIC component.

Some wars have racial components. Also, some wars have religious components.

It seems that mankind will continue to go to war for either some type of economic reason, racial reason, or religious reason. I guess what I am saying is YES it is human nature to go to war.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 09:19 pm
@Amel Mrissa,
Unfortunately, the human animal will be involved in wars for the foreseeable future. The cause of wars will be many.
Man isn't too bright; we will build bombs that can destroy the whole planet.
The killings in Orlando by a crazy man will be the downfall of humanity. There are many like him in this world today.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 09:43 pm
@Real Music,
Well, yes, but sometimes countries go to war to defend wealth, natural resources, etc.
Real Music

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 10:02 pm
@roger,
Yes, I agree.
0 Replies

Miss L Toad

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2016 11:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
What we need is some kind of super-powerful police force controlled by some centralized authority that can clamp down on any warlike behavior?

Yes Max , world government.

neologist

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2016 12:33 am
@Miss L Toad,
Max wrote:

Miss L Toad wrote:
Yes Max , world government.
Reminds me of a line from Johnny Cash:
Quote:
They say they want the Kingdom, but they don't want God in it. The Wanderer
0 Replies