The Buzz in South Florida: Bush Must Go!

Harper

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:31 am
Everywhere I go the big topic of conversation is: (usually it's the Dolphins or Canes this time of year) "Are our votes going to be counted this time and Bush must go." After 2000, I saw a lot of resignation in the especially Afriacan-American community: The attiitude: Why bother, they don't count our damn vote anyway. Now that resigation has turned to anger at Bush and resolve to throw out these scoundrels. Another thing peopel talk about is what liars these people are. There is a definite Swiftbaot backlash going on.

BTW the ads countering the swiftboat liars are powerful, they are running constantly during the Repub convention. Unless you are in a swing state, I don't think you are getting a feel what is really going on in this campaign. And you are certainly not being told by the media!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 570 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Larry434

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:39 am
http://www.geocities.com/wubwub/bushkerrystate2004.html

Doesn't look to promising from Kerry at this moment in time.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 08:39 am
Living in California, we don't get the really good ads. Is there a link to the anti swifty ads so I can see if they are as good as Harper (of course) thinks?
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:19 am
Unless you live in a swing state and see how thery are run, both sides, you really can't have any idea waht the effect is. I admit I am biased but I am also objective. The SWiftboat Liars are pissng people off. They are only affecting Bush's base. You have to be really stupid to vote for Bush based on the Swftboat ads.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:24 am
Harper wrote:
I admit I am biased but I am also objective....You have to be really stupid to vote for Bush based on the Swftboat ads.

That really sounds objective.
0 Replies

shaggydog

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 11:25 am
but Harper, does that mean you think there IS a reason to vote for Bush that isn't stupid?
0 Replies

PKB

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 03:27 pm
Harper
I hear the Bush/Cheney campaign has something coming out in Sept or Oct that they predict will finish Kerry/Edwards off. What I would give to live in a swing state. I'd love to get a feel for what is really going on. As for the media, I don't think they want to get rid of Bush. He's too damn good at stirrin up shi+ and making the news. Besides, he's "plain spoken" and his colorful remarks are always making the news. Even if it is just making fun of him.
0 Replies