Does the God of the Bible have a Name?

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 09:57 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Smileyrius wrote:

when asked by Moses in the book of Exodus, what are we to call you, gave his name "יהוה" (Strongs 1961). which is transliterated to yeh-ho-vaw' or Yahweh and a ton of other pronunciations depending on your country of reference.

It's transliterated into a ton of other pronunciations depending on one's country of reference, or one's language of reference?

--------------------
Not a 'ton'- but many- as with most other names...
0 Replies

MadJW

Sun 30 Dec, 2018 10:01 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

One would think that a god that compiled a collection of books that one could run a thread through would be more exact about the pronunciation of his very name.

It calls to question the very assumption that a thread could be run through that compilation.

----------------

In other words, that He would have us all speak ancient Hebrew?
"Schlomo" is how "Soloman" was/is pronounced in Hebrew.
Are you going to use THAT pronunciation, instead?
0 Replies

The Anointed

Sat 17 Jul, 2021 08:49 pm
@BroRando,
You ask, "What is the name of that one true God?" the answer is, I AM, or 'WHO I AM" which is the English translation of the Hebrew JHWH.

Seeing as your mob has translated the Hebrew scriptures into English, you should not say; "I am true to my God JHWH, but instead you should say; "I am true to my God, 'Who I Am.'

It was for that reason that the Hebrews changed the name JHWH to Lord, for they would not pronounce the sacred name of the one true God.

So by saying that you are true to JHWH, you are in reality saying. "I am true to 'WHO I AM.'
Builder

Sun 25 Jul, 2021 02:50 am
@The Anointed,
Om namah shivayah;

I bow to the inner self.
The Anointed

Sun 25 Jul, 2021 03:24 am
@Builder,
One must know "Who They Are' as I know 'Who I Am', before they bow to their inner self, who is the ancestral parental spirit that dwells within the innermost sanctuary, behind the veil of the flesh of it temporary tabernacle=tent, which is your body, as it awaits the creation of its glorious temple of brilliant and blinding light.

If, as you say, you bow to, and are obedient to your inner self, then you are on the pathway to everlasting life.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Sat 18 Dec, 2021 08:15 pm
@BroRando,
The Tao te Ching tells us this.

Quote:
The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.
The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Particular things like "chair" or "rope" or "zebra."

God can use temporary names. But his Name is beyond out comprehension.
0 Replies

Second Coming

Thu 27 Oct, 2022 10:40 pm
@BroRando,
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.”
psalms 82:6 goes on to say, But like mortal men you will die, like princes you will fall for you don't know whats going on and that's the truth, not at all.

We're in the II coming. Jesus never grafted us into the religion of Judaism, clearly if you're reading you'll know this, no longer held under the law, and James speaks of the Father of lights who doesn't shift in shadows in him there is no darkness at all.

So does God have a name? Yes. Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty. All power in heaven on earth and below the earth has been given to him, he's the Alpha and Omega. Lord in that he has overcome the world of ignorant darkness, God in that he is the fullness of the Fathers wisdom and Almighty in that he is the Christ who is forethought, everlasting life, truth and indestructibility.

Jesus told us there would be many lords and many kings but he is Lord of lords and King of kings and why is this? He was born the Christ child, the rest of us have to enter the narrow way leading to life few find, this is what the second coming is all about, the way is how Christ in you is raised up a Son with the Lord.

We're not to be worshiping the Canaanite god of the Bronze Age, or any other god for that matter but many Christians do, thinking Jesus grafted us into the religion of Judaism. You can understand why the Jews would be upset with Christians, taking the name of their god and yet, not following their practices. One has to ask Jesus for the truth, since he is the truth and btw, Jesus is not the way to come into the presence of God, Jesus is the only way to come into the Fathers presence and the Father is the light who is the Christ in you. Go figure. M
0 Replies

Second Coming

Thu 27 Oct, 2022 10:42 pm
@BroRando,
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.”
psalms 82:6 goes on to say, But like mortal men you will die, like princes you will fall for you don't know whats going on and that's the truth, not at all.

We're in the II coming. Jesus never grafted us into the religion of Judaism, clearly if you're reading you'll know this; no longer held under the law, and James speaks of the Father of lights who doesn't shift in shadows, doesn't have favourites, never created good and evil and in Him there is no darkness at all.

So does God have a name? Yes.

Jesus Christ is Lord God Almighty.

All powerful in heaven on earth and below the earth has been given to him the name of the Christ, he's the Alpha and Omega. Lord in that he has overcome the world of ignorant darkness, God in that he is the fullness of the Fathers wisdom and Almighty in that he is the Christ who is forethought, everlasting life, truth and indestructibility.

Jesus told us there would be many lords and many kings but he is Lord of lords and King of kings and why is this? He was born the Christ child, the rest of us have to enter the narrow way leading to life few find, this is what the second coming is all about, the way is how Christ in you is raised up a Son with the Lord.

We're not to be worshiping the Canaanite god of the Bronze Age, or any other god for that matter but many Christians do, thinking Jesus grafted us into the religion of Judaism. You can understand why the Jews would be upset with Christians, taking the name of their god and yet, not following their practices. One has to ask Jesus for the truth, since he is the truth and btw, Jesus is not the way to come into the presence of God, Jesus is the only way to come into the Fathers presence and the Father is the light who is the Christ in you. Go figure. M
0 Replies