cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 08:59 pm
msolga wrote:
The truth please, the truth ....! Laughing

Oy! Since when was the internet about truth? Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:01 pm
when I first started at Abuzz I was OldandBitter but quickly found that I was a rank amateur at bitterness so I became Bi-Polar Bear, a name that has stuck with me...I use it everywhere I go on the internet and everyone also pretty much knows who I am really and where I live......my personality is not contrived....I am who you see and talk to, for better or worse...those who like me,. I appreciate you and probably like you back...those who don't are of no concern to me.....I, like everyone else prefer being well liked, but my self esteem is not tied up in it......and by the way I'M NY Zinger, so find another corner to work farmerman.... Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:02 pm
Laughing
OK, Cav .....
But it would be good to have some Abuzz posters on A2K revealed.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:04 pm
msolga wrote:
Laughing
OK, Cav .....
But it would be good to have some Abuzz posters on A2K revealed.

It would be nice indeed. I suspect they will come out of the woodwork as soon as Dubya captures Osama.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:09 pm
You think some folk have something to hide? :wink:
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:10 pm
except for me and my monkey
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:21 pm
I was Ossobuco, and then, after a hiatus when I couldn't get in, a tough time not to get in too, after that, for a few days, I was in succession Zuccotto, Ossobuco 2, Ossibuchi, whatever.. until I caught on I could be Ossobuco again.

Farmer was not Dominic John or I'll eat my shoe, and Dys was not sailfree. People have linguistic traits, ya know, that even disguising doesn't disguise.

The original Kak is here and is a good responsible poster.

Aa was here, and I think got insulted quickly and left, which I am very sorry about.

400 signed up and, I gather, got some spam around the same time and attributed it to a2k. Spam comes from a lot of places, but NOT a2k. I would also dearly like him to come here and continue the Artist Studio threads, which, by the way, I am working at saving copies of. And, farmer, I did copy the Abstract Expressionism thread. Sigh, I'm tired already, am here resting now.

In my short few hour chase around my listed threads as Ossobuco (oh, sh/t, why oh why am I a generalist) - I am just beginning the saving - I found two people I have been meaning to find out what happened to..
one is Original Bad Dog Shawn, who used to post on the food threads, he just stopped one day; another is Chillybrrrr, whose name I have been scratching my head to remember all this time to invite her here.

Then there is Vincent of course, who I miss terribly, but he isn't hasn't been at abuzz much either, and also Chun Chun.

Has anyone heard from Dream 2020?? I always liked her, and she had a very difficult eye problem, which may have stopped her computing.

A fellow I got to be friends with, even had an email add/ for, but must have cleared away by mistake, was Gaius Cornelius Naso, quite a literate fellow, who may or may not be associated with some posters of other roman names.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:30 pm
osso

I miss Vincent, too. And Chun Chun, too. Both very inspirational cooks!

You seem to have "inside information". :wink:
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 09:52 pm
On the original Kak, no, not inside. The signature is the same, as I remember, and I recognize style and opinions, sometimes anyway. But this isn't a thread to "out" someone, I don't think, is it? more that some folks changed their names on moving, and shared the info but that's been lost with time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 10:07 pm
Vincent is here, but seldom posts. JerryR could put in an appearance anytime, now.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 11:33 pm
Oh, good!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 11:45 pm
I've the same identity here as I had on Abuzz.

'schoolboy' left Abuzz already in 2001, as far as I remember.

CD ... I can't remember exactly who, but someone is still in contact with her (I lost her address at one of my formerly frequent computer crashes).

To be honest, sometimes I even miss sailfree Shocked
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 30 Aug, 2004 11:46 pm
who is the CubistPoet?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 12:37 am
ossobuco wrote:
But this isn't a thread to "out" someone, I don't think, is it?

Of course not, osso! We are NOT that sort of forum! Twisted Evil :wink:
Though some of the "self-outings" have been odd, don't you think?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 12:56 am
Very Happy

I've run into more names I wish I'd see again...
Alley Oop and Maybenj..
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:30 am
Me there; me here. Cubist poet was odd, but I sorta liked him.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:37 am
I posted under another name my first few months on Abuzz, though I wasn't on much. Then switched over to sozobe, and have been that since.

Oh, and I decided to take on a masculine nom de net to enter the politics fray as my own little anthropology experiment (which I thought at the time was original and so isn't) and several guys who hadn't talked much to sozobe got very buddy-buddy with me. :-) (I didn't change posting style at all, just name.)
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 08:43 am
Oh, that's right. I was Mollie for a short time 'cause I couldn't get my old account back.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:41 am
I began in 2000 on abuzz under the name Skeletor, but soon got kicked off. I changed my name to Gargamel and toned it down a bit. But my participation was on and off so few of y'all probably remember me.

I usually just goofed around on the threads of Skwerl X. Miss those.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 10:43 am
Oh, I would pick fights on political threads then too. But I was only 20 years old. Now I am smart enough not to care anymore.
0 Replies