Your Abuzz & A2K identities.

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:04 am
Quote:
I think they're wood carving tools, a neat thing to have. Gus can carve hisself a banjo...

You are correct, Osso.

Screwdrivers! Ha!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:07 am
Of course I'm correct, Gus.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:09 am
I always said you were one sharp bird.

Your extensive knowledge of woodcarving tools has confirmed that.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:10 am
Thread with a woodcut artist featured -

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=41480
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Dec, 2004 01:15 am
Yes, dagnabbit.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 09:40 am
Lovely memories.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 03:56 am
Still no sign of Sturgis. Sad
0 Replies

ghost-of-stike

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 11:13 am
@sozobe,
lothar and britney_fan2000 were (are) stike (me). i had to register and log on here as ghost-of-stike because i couldn't remember any passwords. originally came here way back when a2k first started, but i faded away.

frankly, i was spending WAY too much time on abuzz and i'm probably better off personally and professionally now that it is defunct. enjoyed myself way too much there. got very little done

i only really visit a foodie forum now, but it's not the same (obviously). the folks there are a little too uptight. i posted an OT reference today to David Foster Wallace's passing, and no one knew who it was.

once on abuzz i created two new accounts: vladimir and estragon (of wwaiting for godot fame). i had a running conversation between the two of them in keeping with their characters, and folks were joining in, keeping the thing going. that sort of mental masturbation (and the equally interesting influx of intelligent conversation fro other folks) was what made that place fun for me.

can't really pull that sort of thing off on a foodie forum.

had some fun on abuzz. lothar of the hill people, ghost of lothar.... all those characters. mr. non-sequiter... absurdist stuff that 90% of the time fell flat, but when it hit, it was (i thought) quite funny. i started there as britney_fan2000 (this was 1999, when "2000" was a nicely overused and cliche' reference) in order to mess with a colleague who'd asked the boston abuzz forum how to get rid of an old toilet. offering advice as a britney-obsessed overweight 40-ish plumber was good fun, and allowed for much absurdity...

anyway... stumbled on here today after a search for "lothar". funny to find one's self referenced. i was looking for an old vid clip of lother from SNL... and here i find folks referring to abuzz-lothar

pretty random. maybe it's circular... I guess i'd say 'orbital', but that might imply that i'm coming back. nah. those days are gone. fun, but gone. just thought i'd pop in and say hi. though the thread's likely dead.

i really enjoyed you folks back in 2000 or so.
been a while. all my best.

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 03:32 pm
@ghost-of-stike,
Oh!!!! Lothar etc etc etc!!!

I was a fan of yours!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 07:18 pm
@ghost-of-stike,
hehe, I remember britney_fan2000.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 07:56 pm
@ghost-of-stike,
Yeah, I remember lothar, king of the hill people, and britany fan.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 08:10 pm
@ghost-of-stike,
It's like eating one potato chip... bet you'll be back, but not in the consuming way of abuzz days..
Well, I hope so.

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2008 08:14 pm
Worried about sturgis. Remembering lothar!
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 06:18 pm
@littlek,
I just read this entire thread. Again.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 06:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, a bunch of us are in the dumps re sturgis, always trenchant as a poster, a fellow with major health threats. He and I disagreed on politics but I loved his wit.

and I do really miss acquiunk. Last I remember, he had computer problems.
BillW

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 08:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I just read the thread for the 1st time and it brings back lots of memories between Abuzz and early A2K.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2013 08:59 pm
I am not at all proud of at least 3/4 of my Abuzz activities. It was after I became friends with himself that I began to find my niche. I had a good run with a thread concerning the 60s, with joanne dorel and other good people. letty usually took part in the threads himself started. Thanks to joanne for inviting me here. Here is not Abuzz, but it will do for the likes of me.
BillW

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 01:44 pm
@edgarblythe,
Ah, but we were so much younger then,
We're older than that now.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 02:21 pm
I have no idea how I missed this thread the first time around. It brought back lots of wonderful memories.

I was Riman on abuzz.
BillW

Reply Fri 14 Jun, 2013 03:00 pm
@Roberta,
I can not for the life of me remember my Abuzz name; therefore, I believe it was "BillW". I didn't acquire "VicNormal" until I went to Hey Martha.
0 Replies