If YOU Could Design a New Fast Food...........

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 07:19 pm
osso, That's an easy one; it's called volcano pizza. LOL c.i.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 09:34 pm
yes, it was about a volcano...but is that routine? I only saw it that one place, and it was scrumptious. But timing on that would be everything...re the steam, and all.

Another italian food I could see as fast food, but of course it too already exists, is Suppli' al Telefono....they are (arborio) rice balls with mozzarella cheese and various smidges of other items rolled in the center, the rice ball rolled in bread crumbs and fried. Myself, I just microwave them a minute when I take one or two out of the freezer, so they are less fatty... They are served sometimes with a cold tomato salsa, which is at my house is just crushed tomatoes, garlic and olive oil. You eat them with your fingers, and when you bite in the mozzarella strings out...like telephone wire. I think these are from Naples originally, but might be Sicilian. I gotta say, they are wonderful for breakfast. In Tuscany and perhaps elsewhere, they're known as arancini, which means 'oranges'...as they are round and light golden brown when quick fried.
0 Replies