If YOU Could Design a New Fast Food...........

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 07:48 pm
On another thread, we were talking about our favorite fast foods. Now what if you were a bigwig in one of the big fast food companies. Your assignment: Produce a new fast food that would blow away the competition. What would you create that would be new and different, and would capture the imagination of your customers (to the detriment of your competition)?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,902 • Replies: 21
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:03 pm
A pizza with pockets full of beer. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:14 pm
A pizza with a little extra something put on the dough, very addictive, grown in the high plains of Mexico.
Wait, an earthquake!
The quake's over.
I don't think the FDA will approve commercialization of this sure best seller.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:29 pm
A bottle of pizza fat, another of hamburger fat, another of hot dog fat, one of chicken fried steak sandwich fat. Keep in hot water. Then they are just a drink away. No need for all that roughage and waiting. Go right straight to my gut! Hmmmmmmmmm, and so nutritious.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:31 pm
BillW- Did you get that idea from an unemployed cardiologist?? Very Happy
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:32 pm
Or, is it from doing the exact opposite of a good cardiologist!
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:36 pm
Actually Phoenix, I got it from a Capitalist. Cut out the middle man and claim his profit!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 08:57 pm
BillW, Don't forget the soy milk with all that fat. It'll help you health. Wink c.i.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 21 Jan, 2003 09:04 pm
Thanks for the reminder c.i. but I am allergic to soy milk, it is suggested I have a steady flow of Dr Pepper. No diet, can't handle substitutes either! Can't do better than Doctor in a bottle, can one!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:30 am
I'd just start selling fast foods that are sold in other countries but not sold here.

Like Brazil's pastels (hard to describe but it's a pocket of meats, cheeses etc), coxinha (it is chicken in a tear shaped fried mass of a manioc dough, I'm not sure on the dough though), pao de queijo (can't do the accents on this keyboard but this means cheese bread, it's not made from wheat flour and is an awesome bread).

There are esfihas (Arab fast food sold in Brazil) and Beiruts (a sandwich invented in Sao Paulo that is sold in Arab fast food places) and many many more.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:34 am
I'd definately eat a meat and cheese stuffed pocket....mmmmmm....

I think there are lots of things that are easy to sell in a fast food place that they just don't sell. I'd be happy if they just made what they already sell more edible.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 10:41 am
What I think is interesting, is that Americans have expanded their culinary tastes to include ethnic foods. In the olden days (when I was a kid), fast food was a burger. Now you have your Pizza Huts, Taco Bells etc. What I have noticed is that there are a lot of different ethnic foods, not so much in free standing places like Burger King, but in shopping malls.

I think that foreign foods that once were relegated to pricey restaurants, are now becoming available to us ordinary folk. I think that there will come a day when someone will open a "Falafel R Us", and it will catch on.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:07 am
Well Phoenix, there are plenty such falafel places here, namely a chain called 'Aidas'. I am reminded of the Simpsons episode where the ladies buy a falafel franchise and the sales pitch is: "Whats pi-ta?" "Pocket bread." "Fa-la-fel?" "Crunch patties." "Ta-hi-ni?" "Flavour sauce." Thought that was great.

Tons of fast-food sushi places have opened up all over too. Still, it is never the same as going for the higher-priced model.

Love the Paul Rodriguez joke about Taco Bell too: "Ow, that's so spicy, what is it, tomato?"
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Wed 22 Jan, 2003 11:28 am
If YOU could design a new fast food
Sugar, I'm with you, all the "fast foods" would be delicious only if they were prepared better.

Get rid of all the teenagers (especially guys) preparing foods. Get those women back in the kitchen! Back in the late 1950s you couldn't find much better food than our high school cafeteria -- those were our mothers back there cooking.

I can't seem to find a really tasty hot tamale, not even here in Texas.

Tex-Star
0 Replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Fri 24 Jan, 2003 09:05 am
I have always dreamt of crisp (chip) bars. A bit like a chocolate bar, but made from compacted chips, a crunchy delight to eat on the move, as filling as a bag of crisps, but without having to dip in and out of the bag. Salt and Vinegar Crisp bar, *slurp* Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:26 pm
Flavored french fries comes to mind. Cajun, nacho cheese, "salsa", etc.

Stuffed cheeseburgers (cheese in the middle).

Spiced burgers with indian spices and hot peppers mixed in, much like ground beef kabobs.

Double double sausage & egg McMuffin (two of each instead of the overly muffinny thing they sell now). Idea stolen from In&Out Burger.

Double dough pizza. I know it sounds horrible but if you can hook people on the concept, imagine the profits...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 05:33 pm
Ribs on a stick.

Mu Shu Pockets with plum dipping sauce.

Mashed potato-sicle, flavored with real gravy.
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 02:39 pm
I love chicken pot pies. Why not a folded over chicken pot pie you can eat with your hands. They could serve a little container of cranberry sauce (like the consistancy of mustard) on the side. Comfort food hmmm...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 03:55 pm
That would be a pasty, couzz.

http://www.hu.mtu.edu/vup/pasty/recipes.htm
http://www.pasty.com

Us Michiganders got ya covered.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 07:02 pm
Cjhsa, once in Italy I had a pizza named Vesuviano. It was double dough, with a vent in the middle of the top layer; the inbetween was filled with scrambled eggs and I can't remember what, perhaps garlic, cheese, olives, etc. The platter came to the table with the pizza formed like a mountain, with steam coming out the top....
0 Replies