Ok, it is late Tuesday here. I will try not to fix down thumbs I deem re opinion.

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 11:53 am
And the little creep, whoever it is, strikes again.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 08:35 am
Who would down thumb Roberta??!! That's just nuts.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 05:28 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I just saw this. I meant the member who showed up in a political thread, after which a series of posts of different members were voted down, is not necessarily going from thread to thread indiscriminately voting people down. That's a separate issue, in which a particular member (remember, i didn't say it was Oristar) goes around from thread to thread voting down posts just because of who the author of the posts is. Whoever that is (Rolling Eyes) has at least three targets of whom i know, and i believe Roberta is one of them.

It's possible that the person you didn't say it is is da one. But who knows? There's more than one meshugina in this neighborhood.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 06:50 pm
@roger,
You can fix this by saying no in My Preferences (yours, I mean)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 06:54 pm
@Roberta,
My intention to not fix payback down thumbs (or opinion down thumbs or troll down thumbs) for two weeks, taking the first one to get myself away from the fixing habit, the second to see if not fixing made any difference, has left me annoyed and even crabbier than usual.

I don't have the temper to not thumb those back up, so I give up the experiment.

On another thread I remember saab saying she thumbed up someone three times to counteract the downthumber, but my experience is that only one of those actually works - you can check by refreshing your page, saab, if you see this.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 07:03 pm
What did I see in this bunch of days? mostly the person went after Set. Little rainstorms of zeros by Whomever.
Blickers

Reply Sun 29 May, 2016 09:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Maybe Robert can fix the software so that if you give a certain number of down votes to someone in a certain period of time, that person automatically goes on Ignore.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 08:02 am
@Blickers,
It's not ordinarily that bad a problem and there's no rule that people can't thumb down for disagreement, but a lot of us try to avoid doing that and either speak up and argue, or skip on by. Many pay no attention to thumbs at all. The next version of a2k will probably have a lot of differences but I don't figure they will be tinkering with the present system while so busy with developing the new one.
Blickers

Reply Mon 30 May, 2016 08:18 am
@ossobuco,
It just seems to me that if you feel compelled to downvote one member's comments more than 15 times a month or so, you probably shouldn't be reading their comments anyway on a regular basis. Bad for the blood pressure, cortisol levels, etc.

By the wonder of modern electronics, we can switch compulsive downvoters over to where they are Ignoring the member who sets them off and spare potential cardiac events in who knows how many A2K members? It's something to consider. Laughing
0 Replies