Does woman weight really matter that much to men?

Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 06:01 pm
I was a very attractive and slim petite girl a few years ago and now I am obese. Many guys used to hit on me all the time. NOW, it seems everyone thinks I am an unattractive even if I am in my late 20s. Does woman weight really matter that much to men? I am now about 30kg overweight that I have gained it during my unhealthy abused relationship I was in it recently.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 4,073 • Replies: 20

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 08:21 am
Being attractive is about more than weight. A bright personality, self confidence and such will endear you to others. If your weight gain gives an impression you are unhealthy, some might not want to deal with potential illness.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 09:43 am
@toosweet,
The answer is clearly yes.

In American culture thin women are considered to be far more physically (and sexually) attractive then overweight women. This is also true of men, but not as much.

It's unfair. It shouldn't be this way. But it is.
Miller

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 10:50 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
thin women are considered to be far more physically (and sexually) attractive then overweight women

I don't know any men ( I say real men), who would want to sleep with a woman who looks like a tall toothpick!
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 11:15 am
@Miller,
What percentage of biological men would you say are "real men"?

There is a body type that most men are looking for in a woman. The women that men are hitting on in bars have certain physical characteristics. Weight is part a big part of the equation.

In some ways it is more difficult for men than for women. Height is a big factor in what many women find physically attractive in a man. This isn't something that can be changed.
Foofie

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 02:37 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The answer is clearly yes.

In American culture thin women are considered to be far more physically (and sexually) attractive then overweight women. This is also true of men, but not as much.

It's unfair. It shouldn't be this way. But it is.

It would appear that way. However, some men would appreciate a well muscled woman more than a plain thin one, I believe. Solid gluts! OMG.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 03:21 pm
I know, Max, that you didn't say all women particularly like tall men, and I'll agree also that some sure do.
My first and well remembered special love was 5 '3". I was 5' 5 1/2". I know because we talked about it at some point. He was a mountain climber, still well regarded in the coterie, all these years later.

Swiftly moving to the present, I have a minor crush on my eye surgeon, who is 6' 5" by my estimation.

It's brains and then eyes that I tend to like. No, no, I'm not off on talking food again.

I think I'm not the only woman who ever felt that way, and I figure some men consider a woman's brains in the mix too. Sometimes I wonder though, re who marries whom, and the whys of it, besides the obvious two - sex or money.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 04:08 pm
@toosweet,
Don't be discouraged by what you read here. There is a niche for everyone.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 04:40 pm
@toosweet,
I'm sorry that you have been through an abused relationship that resulted in you going for comfort eating. Do not let him win! He didn't deserve you, you don't deserve to feel down and out, get up and fight.

There is someone for everyone in life, be ascertive and love yourself. I totally disagree with some of these comments, it's a known fact that men love women full stop. Some love thin, some like overweight, alot love curvy a true man, falls for the person inside and I'm feeling as if you have to find her again as your main priority at the moment, not what men think.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 05:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, the OP was asking about men in general. Of course there are exceptions. And, of course the advice is that everyone should be happy with who they are and make changes for themselves rather than what other people think blah blah blah.

But in general, women who are fit, with a certain body shape, will get most of the attention from men. Dating is, in general, a superficial practice. People choose mates based on body type, and fitness and clothing etc. etc. etc.

All I have going for me are brains (I am balding, not too tall and not in great shape). I am a professional engineer and math geek. I have been thrust out into the dating world again... and to be honest, brains don't have too much value when it comes to attracting women that I find attractive. Friends of mine who are tall do really well with women even if they aren't in great shape. Having a full head of hair helps men... as does having muscles.

For that reason, I have been hitting the gym lately...
ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 05:25 pm
@maxdancona,
I see that happening, the fitness thing. Eh, brains...
Also, being who you are.

I've a long life and have been through a lot of this stuff. Been through partner not liking me fatty, him so first.
I'm long time sympathetic re obesity. I have gone up and down, mostly down, but I get others troubles.

****, max, I figure you and I could talk, preferably at a comfy restaurant.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 05:25 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

However, some men would appreciate a well muscled woman more than a plain thin one, I believe. Solid gluts! OMG.

Solid gluts?? Would that be minimus or maximus?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 11:42 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

For that reason, I have been hitting the gym lately...

It's your phemerones. Some women like certain phemerones. It's all decided below the level of consciousness. It may have to do with certain phemerones reflect a different immune system and evolution hard wired for the preference. It's all about surviving as a species, even though reproduction is not in one's conscious thoughts.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 12:36 pm
@Foofie,
Actually, for me it is more about wanting a bigger chest and a smaller belly. These are things that women seem to value more than brains.

Pheromones are lost in the shower.

Foofie

Reply Thu 26 May, 2016 09:35 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Actually, for me it is more about wanting a bigger chest and a smaller belly. These are things that women seem to value more than brains.

Pheromones are lost in the shower.

I don't want to be tempted to use weights that can be detrimental at my age. I use lower weights at home. Once upon a time I was curling a 40 pound dumbbell; now I curl a third of that, less frequently. Any weight maintenance is done by knocking off the calories, after dinner, at night.

The gym may be good for meeting like minded people?
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 11:27 pm
@maxdancona,
i feel more attracted to men my height
and weight is to some people something they canĀ“t change either
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Sat 28 May, 2016 11:34 pm
@maxdancona,
brains are not suitable to evaluate to the plain eye, being bold though would help a man getting a date... it seems its appealing to women cause gives a sense of cleanliness
0 Replies

chirchri

Reply Mon 12 Jun, 2017 08:11 pm
this answer is quiet clear..
0 Replies

Jose56

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:00 am
@toosweet,
what i feel and see in women is her smiling nature, good personality, smart women thats it. my wife is over weight after having two kids still we enjoy our sexual life because for me her body weight doesnt matter, for me her loving nature and smiling nature attracts me more for intimation every time.
for few mens women size and shape matters for sexual life but all mens are not same.
Thin women also fails to attract mens attention towords them.
it would be better if you reduce your weight for good health & healthy life.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 20 Jun, 2018 01:01 am
Some guys find overweight women physically attractive.
Especially if the overweight woman has huge breast and a large butt.
0 Replies