Superdelegate System Isn't Just Rigged—Designed to Destroy the Will of the People

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 04:42 pm
@Lash,
The idea was to preserve the power of the party establishment. It was cloaked in BS about preventing an American Hitler from rising to power, but that's just another sham excuse delivered by the powerful.

The lesson from these elections (and all others) is that you need power. It's a lesson that has prevailed throughout mankind's history with a few exceptions when the powerful became so utterly shameful in their abuse over the powerless that the powerless had nothing to lose, and took their heads.

Intelligent powers like Clinton and Trump will suck the powerless dry before they even know they are thirsty.

If anyone thinks Hillary Clinton is a voice for the powerless, I question their intelligence and sanity.
Lash

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 04:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
On this point, we see eye to eye.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 04:46 pm
@Lash,
Which is why I have spent my adult life seeking as much power as I can possibly accrue.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 May, 2016 04:51 pm
@Sturgis,
Well-thought and articulated. It's a blatant fact, and I appreciate you saying it.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 06:34 am
@ehBeth,

I don't think its a flip flop. I do believe its an evolution of a stand and a recognition of political reality. Thankyou, Bernie Sanders.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 06:35 am
@wmwcjr,

Dang Bill, back with a BANG!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 25 May, 2016 02:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

If anyone thinks Hillary Clinton is a voice for the powerless, I question their intelligence and sanity.

In my opinion might be a vote for the status quo. Sort of like a poor white Southerner voting for the party of the supposed wealthy - Republican. A vote for the status quo possibly. Ironically, in my opinion, many a Black American might really be voting for Hillary for the same purpose - a vote for the status quo. Ain't that adorable, so to speak; Black Americans voting like po' Southern white folk.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 06:32 am
@timur,
I 'know' nothing.
I believe many things.
Would you like me to expand on the principles, philosophy or narrative (All alleged, of course) of 'Democritus/is', or the pointlessness of US elections/pre-selections?
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Sat 4 Jun, 2016 08:49 am
The nomination process that really needs to change is on the Republican side. Winner-take-all primaries have allowed a candidate who got only 30-40 percent in most contests, and who was vehemently opposed by the other 60-70 percent, to become the nominee. If the Republicans had used proportional representation, the other factions could have out voted trump at the convention.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:26 am
Warren: 'I don’t believe in superdelegates’
Source: The Hill

“I’m a superdelegate and I don’t believe in superdelegates,” she said at the Massachusetts State Democratic Convention in Lowell, Mass. "I don’t think superdelegates ought to sway the election.”

Politico on Saturday reported the Massachusetts Democratic Party voted on a resolution to “thoroughly, objectively and transparently” study the superdelegate system before the 2020 presidential election.
Warren, who remains publicly neutral in this year’s Democratic presidential primary, said she agrees with the decision.

“Yes, I did,” she said when asked if Massachusetts’ superdelegate rules deserve such scrutiny.

Superdelegates like Warren are not bound by primary or caucus results to any presidential candidate during next month’s Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/282232-warren-i-dont-believe-in-superdelegates
Real Music

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 02:51 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Superdelegate System Isn't Just Rigged—Designed to Destroy the Will of the People

First of all Super-delegates only exist in the Democratic party. In this particular presidential year, it appears that the super-delegate are voting in line with the will of the people. Hillary Clinton have SUBSTANTIALLY more POPULAR votes than Bernie Sanders. Hillary Clinton also have SUBSTANTIALLY more pledged(bounded) delegates than Bernie Sanders.

As long as the Super delegates vote for Hillary Clinton they will be voting the will of the people. If the super delegates were to vote for Bernie Sanders they would clearly be voting AGAINST the will the people. Bernie Sanders is losing badly in the popular votes. Bernie Sanders is also losing badly in pledge (bounded) delegates. The will of the people is crystal clear. The will of the people is Hillary Clinton.

Bernie Sanders only chance of winning the nomination is to convince the Super-delegates to vote AGAINST the will of the people by voting for him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2016 05:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I had read that - it's in The Guardian too..
0 Replies