panzade

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:18 pm
Chug-A-Lug did a double back flip!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:30 pm
Ooooh. All that sweet stuff with all that liquor? I'll bet it tastes good, but I'd be out in no time. My favorite I-Want-To-Get-High bar drink is a shot of Jack Daniels and a coke back followed by another shot. Works almost immediately.

My b-i-l (I've been visiting my sis & him) was telling me about a bourbon that he'd had recently... Woodstock and Burton or something like that. Said it was so good that he and two other guys finished off a bottle in no time. Of course, I was shocked... but I wish I was sure of the name just in case I want to buy some.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:31 pm
can't go wrong with Makers Mark or George Dickel
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 31 Aug, 2004 09:45 pm
Yep, I know them. This was something different. I once grossly offended a purveyor of fine Scotch at Heathrow by telling her that her Glenmorangie Cellar 13 tasted as good as Jack Daniels. I had to practically apologize and buy a couple of bottles to mollify her.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:10 am
Old Granddad. There IS no substitute.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:23 am
We were at a different Heathrow, gal. I specifically remember being encapsulated in allergen plaza with the missoni outfits and fine ties, checking out if they had single malts at the bar, while hub watched the bags. No, no and no.
I think it was only johnny walker, but maybe I misremember and they had glenlivits, though I think nought. I remember being amazed. Maybe there was another bar somewhere I missed. I had imagined a forest of single malts...

Um, an older Glenmorangie would be good, in its way, says the Talisker Laphroig girl. But there are more, of course.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:25 am
Smiling, Piff and I and her hub sampled a single malt at their place, so all of this is with a wink.

No,wait, she was being good and he and I had a sip of something, not Bruichladdich (?), but another starting with B.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 01:46 am
I have seen Piffka in company of good cognac and I can vouch for her behavious Laughing

As for me, I don't get drunk, just pleasantly high and lose whatever little inhibitions I have Twisted Evil
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:43 am
Being equal doses country gal and city slicker I like a couple of VBs (Victoria Bitter) with my mates but my poison of choice is the magical single malt. It somehow possesses the power to transform me into the greatest of philosophical minds. Beer, on the other hand, just makes me happy, very happy. I do confess I giggle. Strangely, bourbon has the effect of transforming me into the queen of the dance floor, no inhibitions whatsoever.

Wine makes me complacent, it places a vague golden fog over everything, I drink it only in the company of civilised (read trustworthy) people, and never unless those around me are drinking as it makes me extremely boring to talk with (but if they're drinking they'll never know :wink:

edited for spelling
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:23 am
Wanna have a bourbon with me babe ? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:43 am
Love to, Guatam! I'll go put on my dancing shoes...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:46 am
Dance? Non. Won't do that any more, drunk or sober: almost dumped the bride in a pool -- in full wedding dress regalia -- at a drunken wedding a while back.

At a couple of drinks, no change, but I can get bored as hell. At several drinks I think everyone is freaking interesting as hell -- and I've been cornered by weird drunken freaks in a lot of bars hearing a lot of tortured life stories because of this. ("A Tiffany rattle. What'sh my kid need with a Tiffany rattle?" "Pliz, come to hyear rekord colleckshun. You will like rekord collekshun.") At a lot of drinks I'm apt to break things, hurt myself, and make propositions to women that are so outrageous they might work if I wasn't, you know, sloppy drunk.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 08:57 am
fortune wrote:
... never unless those around me are drinking as it makes me extremely boring to talk with (but if they're drinking they'll never know :wink:

Yep... I know that route.

I want to interject -- Osso, I wasn't good. I just don't like those Islay malts. <shudder> As I recall, I was drinking a little bit of Sloe Gin and I don't know why.

Gautam -- As I recall through a haze, you do hold your liquor well. That takes practice!~
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:00 am
Piffka wrote:
Gautam -- As I recall through a haze, you do hold your liquor well. That takes practice!~

That is because I was already drunk on yr charming company Smile
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:04 am
See? A charmer, through and through! <swoon>
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 09:47 am
After one shot of Beautiful... (Hennessey and Grand Mon...something...) Just being me...

After two shots of Beautiful... Thinking.. "Dammit, when's this gonna kick in?"

After three shots of Beautiful... Feelin warm n woozy...

After four shots of Beautiful... Happy, singsong-y, bright-cheeked...

Then after a while... getting tired.... so tired....

BTW... I love Hennessey, I love Absolut! Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 05:14 pm
One Tequila
Two Tequila
Three Tequila

FLOOR!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 2 Sep, 2004 05:53 pm
I'm usually a happy drunkĀ…but have you ever been at work drunk?

I never ever drank on the job until one day, my boss asked me to have lunch with her. We had a couple of drinks each and then I said I didn't want any more because I had to return to work. She said, "I'm the boss so let's have another". After five drinks, I returned to the office where I tried diligently to do my job. Being drunk at work seemed very strange and out of focus as I debated calling off the rest of the day. Finally, when I answered my phone with the hiccups, I decided it was time for me to go home.
0 Replies