Pants: women should not wear them

peacecrusader888

Tue 17 May, 2016 07:43 pm
@peacecrusader888,
I think why the spirit of Ama does not like women to wear pants is because women act as if they are men, dominate men. We must remember that Eve was created for Adam, and not Adam for Eve. She was created to be Adam's help meet (Genesis 2:18, 20).

Pants make women show their curves. Also, the slit between the two legs sometimes becomes prominent. Why? To attract men? Also, Ama mentioned about cheong-sam where there are slits on either side of the skirt.
Glennn

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:18 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
Also, the slit between the two legs sometimes becomes prominent.

Not when they wear jeans.

And what about men who wear jeans. Sometimes their . . . you know. . . becomes prominent.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:21 pm
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:
Pants make women show their curves.

yeah

that never happens with dresses

Rolling Eyes

http://img2-2.timeinc.net/people/i/2015/news/151116/heidi-klum-435.jpg

Laughing
Glennn

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:26 pm
@ehBeth,
She's goin' to Hell. Or actually probably not because if she even comes close to Hell, she's gonna melt.
ehBeth

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:27 pm
@Glennn,
I think she looks heavenly in that outfit.

Jessica's a popular option in our crowd. Some years there are several Jessica Rabbits at HalloweƩn parties.
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:32 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
I think why the spirit of Ama does not like women to wear pants is because women act as if they are men, dominate men.

So the only thing stopping women from ruling the world is their dresses? I think you're overestimating the power of fabric.
ehBeth

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:35 pm
@Glennn,
apparently Ama has a problem with doms

he needs treatment, or maybe to just to meet more interesting women
Glennn

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:40 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
he needs treatment, or maybe to just to meet more interesting women

I don't think he should meet any women, as he has made it clear that he is powerless against the godawful slit.
ehBeth

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:41 pm
@Glennn,
Laughing Shocked Laughing
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:42 pm
@peacecrusader888,
Quote:
the slit between the two legs

As opposed to the slit between the three legs?
0 Replies

Glennn

Tue 17 May, 2016 08:51 pm
When I was younger and heard the term, the father, son, and the holy ghost, I thought, what about the mother and daughter? But then I realized the holy ghost was the female. Even today in some Middle East countries, women have to cover themselves from head to toe. They've been relegated to the status of ghost.

But more to the point, the males couldn't control their base desires, and so instead of learning self control, they did the next best thing: They made the object of their lust disappear under a big piece of fabric. Religion. There's nothing quite like it . . . thank god.
maxdancona

Tue 17 May, 2016 10:14 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

When I was younger and heard the term, the father, son, and the holy ghost, I thought, what about the mother and daughter? But then I realized the holy ghost was the female. Even today in some Middle East countries, women have to cover themselves from head to toe. They've been relegated to the status of ghost.

But more to the point, the males couldn't control their base desires, and so instead of learning self control, they did the next best thing: They made the object of their lust disappear under a big piece of fabric. Religion. There's nothing quite like it . . . thank god.

Is this an example of a White woman saving Brown woman from Brown men?
Smileyrius

Wed 18 May, 2016 12:22 am
@Glennn,
Actually in scripture, the language used To describe Gods Spirit were all three male, female and neuter. In case that helps.
0 Replies

saab

Wed 18 May, 2016 01:43 am
Aman should talk to parents about treating their daughters well in certain countries. That is much more importaant than pants or not.
Every day 39.000 girls under 18 get married. These early marriages destroy the chances for the girls to get a good and worthy life. Some are killed by these marriages, simply because their small bodies cannot handle the sexuality and later the childbirth.
Girls as young as eight or ten get married to grown up or even old men...
Get your Aman to wake up
maxdancona

Wed 18 May, 2016 06:42 am
@saab,
Do you want to say which countries these are Saab?

There is a long sad history of White people telling other cultures to give up their cultural practices to become "civilized".

How is what you are doing any different?
saab

Wed 18 May, 2016 07:01 am
@maxdancona,
Some children marry other children but stay at home till grown up
Others are marriages between very young girls and older men
Child marriage happens on all continents and is not depended on religion nor culture, but foremost in the poorer countries on the southern half of the world
Very sad is that is now also happens in Scandinavia amongst the Syrian refugees
No I would not want anybody to give up their culture, but I am against women being taken advandage of and not being able to live a life in dignity
Culture has to do with language, food, religion, litterature and other things and absolutely not with keeping women as slaves.
maxdancona

Wed 18 May, 2016 07:16 am
@saab,
You are a White person from Western Europe... a region of the world with a history of colonialism. You are judging other peoples culture based on your own cultural ideas of what is right or wrong.

Child marriages were part of many of the perfectly good indigenous cultures that no longer exist because of colonialism. Do you actually have any idea how these cultures worked or flourished? Do you have any way of knowing if women in these cultures were any less happy than women in your culture.? Do you think your use of the word "slave" to describe "wife" means anything outside of your own modern Western cultural mindset?

Do you really think that your modern ideas would have had any currency in these cultures.

You are making a big mistake thinking that your own culture is the one true culture. I see no reason to believe that the values you have now as a White European have any superiority, or even any value, in other cultural contexts. Unless you believe in White cultural superiority, you have to at least be open to the ideas that indigenous cultures have equal rights and equal legitimacy even when they go against your own deeply held beliefs.

White people saving indigenous women from indigenous men... do you see why this is uncomfortable given the history of colonialism?
Glennn

Wed 18 May, 2016 07:39 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Is this an example of a White woman saving Brown woman from Brown men?

An example of white woman saving brown woman from brown man? No, it's the reality of some men's method of dealing with their inability to come to terms with their lack of maturity when it comes to dealing with their fear of a woman's sexuality . I thought I made that clear.
maxdancona

Wed 18 May, 2016 07:54 am
@Glennn,
The point is, Glennn that you have no business interfering in the cultures of indigenous people. Each culture sets up ideas about gender and marriage that make sense to them based on their lifestyle.

You have a say in your own culture. You have no say in indigenous cultures.

There is a long sad history of colonialism, where White Europeans have forced drastic change on indigenous cultures.
Glennn

Wed 18 May, 2016 08:01 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Each culture sets up ideas about gender and marriage that make sense to them based on their lifestyle.

Based on their lifestyles? Forcing women to wear burkas is not about a lifestyle choice. It's based on preventing lust.

You see the benefit of dictating to women what they have to wear. I don't.