WOOLY CATERPIGGLES DO NOT LIE

squinney

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:07 am
Here it is: http://nytimes.abuzz.com/interaction/s.296946/discussion_in_list/ci/0/

I miss Mamajuana. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:09 am
Aw. Thanks for finding it.

What was the winter of 02/03 like?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:11 am
I thought I heard a meep, meep, but as he had that caterpillar in his beak, it was hard to tell. Maybe his mother didn't teach him it is impolite to talk with your beak full.

Poor road runner, there don't seem to be any snakes around here--his favorite meal.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:19 am
Come to think of it, Sozobe, it was the winter of 2002 and it was the year we had a HUGE ice storm sweep the south. We were without power for a week... Which was when we first discovered the supplies needed that Bear mentioned earlier on this thread - minus the KY. He appears to be the only one that thinks that is a survival item.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:22 am
Maybe he was a boy scout in his youth. Always prepared for the necessities of life; after all, bears really know how to get down and cuddle.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:35 am
Do Wooly Bear Caterpillars Help Predict Weather?
Do Wooly Bear Caterpillars Help Predict Weather?

http://members.cox.net/tunias_travels/Wooly.htm
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:42 am
You can check www.wunderground.com to see the history for most places. I just checked my town for 2002-2003 and it was mild. One half day of snow for the entire winter.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 09:00 pm
Squinney, I had missed your link to the abuzz thread. That was unique and never to be duplicated. Sad...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 11:13 pm
I was listening in on a similar discussion when this one old boy pointed to a dachshund and said, "Short dog - long winter." We were speechless with awe.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 07:11 am
Diane wrote:
Maybe he was a boy scout in his youth. Always prepared for the necessities of life; after all, bears really know how to get down and cuddle.

Thank you Diane....squinney is trying to take the high road...but last time I looked it was in her nightstand :wink:
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 07:15 am
That wooly worm thing may be a good predictor but I'm a little more scientific in my research. Yesterday I saw three cows and a couple of deer trying on cardigans and knit caps at Kohls.....now that tells me something......
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 09:15 pm
Hmmm, remember the year when the moose fell in love with a cow? Really happened. That, plus a sudden need for new clothes, might be a weather changing event.
0 Replies