How deeply has sin affected the human family.

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 12:04 pm
For this discussion, when using the word sin, we will be referring to its use in the Bible as it relates, not to wrong conduct, but in relation to the human condition, our missing the mark of perfection is Romans 3:23 and 5:12 show.

With the recent issue surrounding transgender identification, many have wondered just how is that a person born as one gender later identifies themselves as being another. To begin with, it cannot be dismissed that these ones truly feel that they were supposed to be another gender. The question is why. Here is where the Bible sheds light on how adversely the actions of Adam and Eve had on the human family.

As the Bible shows at Genesis chapter 3, the actions of this rebellious couple brought upon us the sad condition of missing the mark of perfection or sin. The 2 chapters in Romans sited earlier reveals one of the effects upon us due to they're actions, death. But inherently it also helps us understand why we grow old, get sick. It also encompasses why sometimes, children are born with no arms or no legs. It even helps us understand why some feel that they identify with a gender other than what they were born. These are all the dire affects of sin, or, missing the mark of being perfect, mentally, emotionally and physically.

Happily the Bible shows that one day, the human family will once again experience complete perfection that will never end. Please see Psalm 37:9-11 as just one of the many aspects of God's promise to make all things new. Revelation 21:3, 4.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 579 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:06 pm
I used to live in Sin, but the local Cinema and Supernarket closed down so I moved thirty miles away to a little village near Wallop-Under-Bottom.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 01:16 pm
@anthony1312002,
The human family?

You better define that. I'm pretty sure we're not related.
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 03:01 pm
Sin doesn't affect me very much these days, but then, i'm getting a little old for all that exercise.
0 Replies

anthony1312002

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 09:12 am
@ehBeth,
I understand, maybe using the term human race would be more appropriate.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 09:39 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

The human family?

You better define that. I'm pretty sure we're not related.

I don't know about that.

I hear 1 out of 200 men can be traced as direct decendants of Ghengis Khan through the y chromosome. I figure is the same for women.

0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 10:53 am
@anthony1312002,
You mean dumbness ? Like in this thread tittle ? ...oh very much that seems obvious...worry not extinction still at work, including cultural extinction...things will improve.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 11:02 am
@anthony1312002,
The question is loaded with your values of 'depth', 'sin' and a label 'human family' that suits you.
The definitions of each of these 'suppositions' alters by huge degrees from person to person.
0 Replies