What's it like to have siblings?

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 06:36 pm
I hope, for your sake, as it means nothing to me, that you get help with your delusions.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 06:37 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I hope, for your sake, as it means nothing to me, that you get help with your delusions.

Is this an offer of help?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 9 May, 2016 08:05 pm
Come on, let's not get started with this bickering.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 02:14 am
RL is an attention whore. He'll continue as long as he gets anything he can remotely consider a response.
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 05:15 am

both of you -- go to your rooms...
panzade

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 07:36 am
@Region Philbis,
Hah
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 09:44 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

RL is an attention whore. He'll continue as long as he gets anything he can remotely consider a response.

Well then, what does that tell you young man?

If you boys have nothing better to do, I've got gutters for you to clean and the garden needs weeding.
reasoning logic

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 04:38 pm
@chai2,
Quote:

Setanta wrote:

Well then, what does that tell you young man?

If you boys have nothing better to do, I've got gutters for you to clean and the garden needs weeding.

I love gardening, I have been pulling weeds all my life. At the moment I am thinking of pulling Setanta up from the abyss. He is such a valuable character to society.
Setanta said"
RL is an attention whore. but being I have psychic powers I know he was meaning a social butterfly.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 05:44 pm
@chai2,
Aw man . . . you're so mean . . .
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 06:11 pm
I have one brother - older by 4 years and he loved to tease his little sister.
One time I locked myself in my dad's car - it was a convertible with a plastic window in the back. My brother looked through that plastic window, his nose squished to it and I just swung my fist and hit him right on the nose.
The plastic window was flying, his nose was bleeding and he was crying his
heart out. Suddenly I had newly found respect!!
My father on the other hand wasn't as pleased.....
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 06:16 pm
@Glennn,
Sweet God in heaven, your family was a nightmare.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 07:07 pm
@glitterbag,
I agree! This almost borders on child abuse .
If I were you, Glenn, I would not go to any reunion. They all could kiss my ass!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 07:58 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Aw man . . . you're so mean . . .

If you do a good job, I'll make cinnamon rolls.....but ya gotta stop picking.
0 Replies

liloleme

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 01:56 pm
@Glennn,
You'll want to read up on malignant narcissists to understand your siblings.
0 Replies

liloleme

Reply Wed 11 May, 2016 02:00 pm
@reasoning logic,
I don't know why apples from the same tree can fall so far apart.....but that situation is sad.
0 Replies

liam240

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 04:22 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, some siblings are hard to move along with.My sister is hard to understand she is just 26 years but to much to herself.She rarely gives me time.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 01:57 pm
My sister and I have been lifesavers for each other at different times, and we've also fallen into a few years when we lived far away from one another with only sporadic phone calls.

I had this intrinsic devotion and feeling of responsibility for her the day she came home from the hospital, and although our "talking" waned during a couple of periods, I always adored her and would have fought a mob like a circle saw for her, if the need arose.

My children are even more different than my sis and I, and I worked hard to foster a love between them. They were both independently convinced that I favored the other - for YEARS! It was dicey a while, but it paid off. They are devoted to one another, and have established a lovely relationship. (knocks on wood)

I see others here saying they have cut off from family, and I have definitely witnessed some siblings and parents that are toxic, so I know sometimes cutting off is the best choice. I guess if I'd been unable to establish healthy relationships with family, I'd have done what people here have likely done, and filled the void with other people or pursuits.

0 Replies

Medusax

Reply Sat 14 May, 2016 08:18 pm
@marmalade,
I have three half siblings. The two older siblings that are so much older than me that they were gone with their own lives before I was born. I barely know them. The closest one in age was 9 years older than me and was the "golden child". Perfect in every way (according to my mom, anyway; thin, quiet, smart, good student, didn't date or act at all like a normal teenager, etc.), and she expected me to be just like her. Everything I did was compared to her in some way, no matter how distant the issue. "Well, you know, when "A" was your age, SHE did such and such." "Don't you want pretty such and such like "A"? ""A" is above such things". Just another reason to be thankful you are the only one.
0 Replies