'Unfit for Command' Hits #1 on NY Times Bestsellers List

swolf

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:37 pm
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/8/25/155556.shtml

Quote:

'Unfit for Command' Hits #1 on NY Times Bestsellers List

What is arguably the country's most controversial new book has now become the country's best-selling book.

"Unfit for Command," which vaulted onto the New York Times Bestsellers List at #3 last week (issue date 8/29/04), climbed to the #1 spot this week (issue date 9/5/04).

NewsMax has a special FREE offer for "Unfit for Command" -- Click Here Now

"The book is now in its 10th printing with more than 650,000 copies in print or on order," according to Jeff Carneal, CEO of Regnery.

"Demand for 'Unfit for Command' has exceeded our highest expectations and shows absolutely no sign of stopping."

Carneal confirmed that about 325,000 books have shipped to the trade so far. The balance of the books will ship within the next 5-7 days.

"Despite what some customers may believe, it isn't the stores' fault that supplies are scarce. I wish I could blame it on a vast left-wing conspiracy," joked Carneal, "but I just can't. The book's record-setting demand just couldn't have been anticipated by the stores or by us."

Initially slated for September publication, demand for "unfit for Command" reached a fevered pitch in early August when several incidents from the book, which calls John Kerry's war record into question, appeared on The Drudge Report.

"We just signed this book up in June," noted Carneal. "The authors, John O'Neill and Jerry Corsi, turned in a compelling, well-researched manuscript in record time, and our editorial and production teams moved mountains to get this book ready ahead of the original September pub date."

Carneal reported the entire book trade's initial order was a modest 30,000 copies, yet Regnery printed 85,000, based on their higher expectations. But even that number proved woefully inadequate, as customers clamored to buy copies when the Swift Boat Veteran's story broke.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 657 • Replies: 8
No top replies

swolf

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:58 pm
http://www.iconoclast.ca/images/AJOHNKERRY-OUR%20HERO--smaller%20255X.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:09 pm
HARDCOVER NONFICTION
Top 5 at a Glance
1. AMERICAN SOLDIER, by Tommy Franks with Malcolm McConnell
2. MY LIFE, by Bill Clinton
3. UNFIT FOR COMMAND, by John E. O'Neill and Jerome R. Corsi
4. BUSHWORLD, by Maureen Dowd
5. EATS, SHOOTS & LEAVES, by Lynne Trus
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:47 pm
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40145

Quote:

Unfit for Command' No. 1 on Times list
Kerry critique also atop both Amazon, Barnes & Noble charts
Posted: August 25, 2004
2:39 p.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

"Unfit for Command," the scathing critique of John Kerry's service in Vietnam, will appear on the New York Times best-seller list at No. 1 on Sept. 5.

As WorldNetDaily reported, the blockbuster will make its New York Times debut on the Aug. 29 list at No. 3.

The book, by John O'Neill and Jerome Corsi, takes aim at several of Kerry's claims about his four-month tour of duty in Vietnam and has, along with controversial TV ads by Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, become a major issue in the presidential campaign.

Often using Kerry's own words and comparing them to official records and other veterans' accounts, the authors claim the Democratic presidential nominee lied about the circumstances surrounding his Purple Hearts and other medals, as well as his contentions about having been in Cambodia at Christmastime 1968.

"Unfit for Command" currently is No. 1 on both Amazon.com's sales chart and Barnes & Noble's online best-seller list, and has been for several days. Both Barnes & Noble and Borders have reported many of their retail bookstores have run out of the book, eliciting complaints from those hoping to snatch up copies.

0 Replies

swolf

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:48 pm
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/images2/unfitnyt.jpg
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 09:00 pm
while it's a trivial matter, your fav book is actually number 3, just 1 notch about Dowds' Bushworld, I dopn't plan on reading either.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 09:05 pm
Bushworld--Maybe.

But why would I want to read swill for the "Bush Flock"?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:27 pm
Bill Clinton's still #2 after all this time?

God, that's got to be eating at swolf...

Just bought my copy last week, so my numbers are reflected there. Cool

This is probably going to piss you off even more, I wouldn't click on it if I were you:

Hatriots
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Thu 26 Aug, 2004 12:04 am
That's cute. 90% opf the guys who served with and around the gigolo signed the unfit letter, and they're all hatriots and liars...
0 Replies