Ben Shapiro on Sen. Kerry

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:09 pm
Put up or shut up, Sen. Kerry

In Jewish thought, there is a concept called "midah k'neged midah" -- literally, "measure for measure." Jews invoke this phrase when the punishment for an action fits the crime perfectly. A flawless example: Stephanie and Bryan Loudermilk of Okeechobee County, Fla., created fetish videos in which Stephanie stepped on and crushed live animals. Bryan ended up as roadkill in June 1999, crushed to death beneath the rear wheels of his own truck. Poetic justice.

It seems John Kerry is slowly being crushed beneath the weight of his own truck of lies. After making his name in 1971 by returning from Vietnam and slandering U.S. troops before Congress, Kerry decided that in order to win the 2004 presidential campaign, he'd have to become Andrew Jackson, Dwight D. Eisenhower and Ulysses S. Grant all rolled into one. He'd have to revive his image as all-American war hero in order to win the swing vote. So while in 1971 Kerry denounced his fellow veterans and labeled the war in Vietnam a disastrous mistake, Kerry has suddenly discovered that Vietnam was in fact World War II and he was Audie Murphy.

John Kerry's entire presidential campaign has been predicated upon the idea that he won some medals in Vietnam -- and that, as a medal winner, he'll be a friend to American soldiers. To that end, Kerry has also rewritten his original feelings about Vietnam vets, telling the Veterans of Foreign Wars that "for 35 years I have stood up, and fought, and kept faith with my fellow veterans."

Meanwhile, Kerry allowed "Section 527 organizations," which are exempt from campaign spending limits, to pour extreme radicalism into the political sphere. The Moveon.org crowd, the Michael Moore acolytes, play a crucial part in the Kerry campaign machine. Kerry's campaign has adopted the language, tone and tactics of the Michael Moore wackos. Just this week, Kerry's campaign spokeswoman derided President Bush, stating: "John Kerry is not the type of leader who will sit and read 'My Pet Goat' to a group of second-graders while America is under attack." Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" spends a full seven minutes focusing on this ridiculous argument -- and mislabeling the book Bush read to a group of second-graders "My Pet Goat." The real name of the book is "Reading Mastery 2," and the story Bush read was called "The Pet Goat." Kerry's spokeswoman simply lifted Moore wholesale.

Kerry's campaign has been one long string of deceits. But Kerry made a crucial error: He counted out cosmic justice. Nearly three decades after the end of the Vietnam War, the veterans Kerry degraded are back. A group of 250 Vietnam veterans known as the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth are speaking up, letting America know that what happened in Vietnam and its aftermath has not been forgotten. They claim that John Kerry is no war hero -- that, in fact, he is a back-stabbing glory-seeker. And their voice is being heard: "Unfit for Command," their book, has dominated the best-seller charts ever since its release. To add to the irony, Swift Boat Vets for Truth is a 527 organization -- a direct parallel to the Moveon.org, pro-Kerry monster.

The Kerry campaign has been unable to cope with the problem of "midah k'neged midah." Instead of confronting the charges leveled by the Swiftees -- just release your records, Sen. Kerry! -- he has questioned their integrity, trying to pull a Hillary Clinton-esque charge of "vast right-wing conspiracy." Instead of welcoming the debate -- just release your records, Sen. Kerry! -- he has attempted to stifle it, filing a Federal Election Commission suit baselessly alleging that the Bush administration is behind these veterans (yet another instance where Kerry has no problem insulting vets if they disagree with him). Instead of putting forth a convincing argument in his own defense -- just release your records, Sen. Kerry! -- he has called upon the publisher of "Unfit for Command" to pull it from stores.

Now that "midah k'neged midah" has come crashing down about John Kerry's ears, he wants to stop talking about Vietnam. Pathetically, he told an audience in New York that it is Bush who is "misleading the American people, hiding behind front groups, saying anything and doing anything to avoid the real issues that matter, like jobs, health care and the war in Iraq."

Sen. Kerry, I've been waiting for months to hear you speak to the real issues in this campaign. But you don't have any real answers, and so you've continually hearkened back to your halcyon days on the Mekong Delta. Sen. Kerry, you wanted to relive the Vietnam era, and now, you've got it. All you have to do is release your records. Now's the time: Either put up, or shut the hell up.

link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 566 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:21 pm
Oh, Shapiro, what an idiot you are.

From another thread:http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32093&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Revel Wrote
Quote:

Phoenix32890 wrote:
What I would like to know from Kerry, are detailed (as possible) plans for the war on terror. How does he propose to make the country safe? If I can be satisfied that he will be proactive in protecting the US, and has credible, workable plans, then Sozobe will owe me a cheesecake!

The following might be able to answer your question.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/national_security/compare.html

Kerry-Edwards vs. Bush-Cheney

Restoring America's Alliances
Bush
Shattered alliances, alienated close allies, and made us less safe. America and American troops paying most costs of Iraq war.

Kerry
Launch a New Era of Alliances for a post 9-11 world, to restore America's place in the world and make us safer.

Preventing the Spread of Dangerous Weapons

Bush
Stood by as North Korea and Iran further developed nuclear programs. Bush administration will take up to 13 years to finish the job of securing former Soviet weapons and materials at current pace.

Kerry
Comprehensive plan to secure nuclear weapons and nuclear materials worldwide. Will secure all nuclear weapons and materials in the former Soviet Union and complete Global Cleanout of bomb material within four years.

Strengthening America's Military to Meet New Threats

Bush
Failed to adequately plan for wars of the 21st century. Sent troops into Iraq without proper equipment and supplies.

Kerry
Strengthen our military, including doubling our Special Forces capability to fight the war on terror; improve our technology; and task our National Guard with Homeland Security. Add 40,000 new soldiers to the active-duty Army -- not to increase the number of soldiers in Iraq -- but to prevent and prepare for other possible conflicts.

Achieving Energy Independence From Mideast Oil

Bush
Ignored our increasing and dangerous reliance on Mideast oil. Refuses to get serious with Saudi Arabia about its role in funding terrorism.

Kerry
Detailed plan to end America's dangerous dependence on Mideast oil to secure our full independence and freedom. Will stop using kid-gloves with countries that launder money for terrorism.

Winning the Peace in Iraq

Taking the Burden off the American Military & Taxpayer

Bush
Go it alone strategy means United States has contributed nearly 90% of forces on the ground and paid the vast majority of costs. No strategy to relieve the burden on the American military and taxpayer.

Kerry
Plan to internationalize the security and reconstruction effort by making Iraq part of NATO's global mission and by involving allies in rebuilding the country, providing troops and financial commitments.

Planning for Iraq's Future

Bush
Has failed to present a plan to secure Iraq's future. Ignored post-war planning recommendations of its own State Department. Of the $18.4 billion allocated for reconstruction by Congress, less than $350 million had been spent as of June, and more than half of that was for security and law enforcement.

Kerry
Strategy to implement an international effort to coordinate reconstruction efforts, draft the national constitution, and organize elections. Work with allies to forgive Iraq's multi-billion dollar debts. Convene a regional conference with Iraq's neighbors in order to secure a pledge of respect for Iraq's borders and non-interference in Iraq's internal affairs.

Building Security In Iraq

Bush
Current training programs are lagging far behind schedule. As of late June, the Iraqi army was one-third the size U.S. officials promised it would be, and seventy percent of police officers had not received training.

Kerry
Launch a massive training effort to build a professional Iraqi security force, including a major role for NATO.

Winning the War on Terror

Bush
Fighting the War on Terrorism Failed to go after bin Laden at Tora Bora. Pursued ad hoc strategy. Own Secretary of Defense says we lack metrics to measure success. Ignored the advice of military experts. Single focus on Iraq - let Afghanistan become the forgotten front of the war on terror.

Kerry
Launch a bold, comprehensive strategy to disrupt and destroy terrorist networks, double our Special Forces capability to fight the war on terror, reform our intelligence, crack down on terrorist financing, secure our homeland and prevent the emergence of new terrorists.

Building Bridges to Arab and Muslim Countries

Bush
Alienated large portions of the Arab and Muslim world against America. Administration's actions have squandered American credibility.

Kerry
A plan to win the war of ideas in Arab and Muslim countries.

Making Bold Intelligence Reforms

Bush
Has taken no real action on critical reforms. Basic coordination of agencies, databases still not finished with no central system in place.

Kerry
A Plan that demands accountability, separates analysis and operations, and creates a Director of National Intelligence with real control of all national intelligence personnel and budgets.

Defending the Homeland

Bush
Protecting the Homeland Failed to fund critical homeland security programs. Cut security training at nuclear facilities, killed chemical plant security plan.

Kerry
Plan to keep America safe. Will give our first responders all the tools they need. Detailed port security & bio-terrorism strategies.

I know that it is from a kerry site, but where else are you going to get kerry future plans? So I thought if you didn't want to go the site, I would bring the site to you. (did the best I could on copying it; had to do some editing since it wouldn't copy some of the titles and things)

Sozobe followed up with:

Quote:
(Will that be plain or chocolate, Phoenix? )

Seriously, I'm very happy you're in this research mode.

One thing that I mentioned already in terms of specifics is that Kerry was all over the 9/11 Commission recommendations, and said he would implement them immediately. So you can look at those for specifics.

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/releases/pr_2004_0727d.html

Quote:
"I'd like to say a few words about the 9-11 Commission Report that was just released. The commission has done an extraordinary job. It has issued a clear set of recommendations to protect us from terrorism and make America safer.

"Now that the 9-11 Commission has done its job, we need to do ours. We understand the threat. We have a blueprint for action. We have the strength as a nation to do what must be done. The only thing we don't have is time.

-snip-

"We must act on the commission's recommendations now, and keep working, without pause, until we have done everything possible to prevent another terrorist attack.

"That is why I support the 9-11 Commission's commitment to continue pushing for progress and make sure its recommendations are implemented without further delay.

"The commission should stay on the job for at least another 18 months and, beginning this December, the commission should issue a status report every six months to address the following questions with absolute candor: First, are we doing enough, fast enough, to strengthen our homeland security? Second, are we reorganizing our intelligence agencies to meet the terrorist threat? Third, are we building a true global alliance to fight the terrorists and their extremist ideology? Fourth, are we leading and uniting the world, so that we isolate our enemies, not ourselves? Fifth and finally, are we doing everything we can do to make America as safe as it can be?

Here's the commission site -- I haven't isolated the recommendations yet (but I note that it closed August 21st, so Kerry's idea to extend its service another 18 months and do follow-ups ain't happening under Bush):

http://www.9-11commission.gov/

Kerry has given plenty of information on his stance on several issues. This clarion call from the right for him to release his records, in the face of the massive fiasco surrounding Bush's records, is the height of hypocracy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:25 pm
I would like to know, specifically, what records Kerry needs to release in order to refute charges that have already been refuted by eyewitnesses. Also, the things Kerry 'accused' vets of doing were things that were told to him by traumatized vets. I just wish someone would look up the damn transcript on cspan and see for themselves what he said. Mostly, I would like to stop responding to McG's continued postings on this subject long after most of these things have been put to bed. But obviously I can't...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:28 pm
Well, if they are in the news, they obviously haven't been put to bed.

Their are eyewitnesses for each side. How is that you believe one, but not the other?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:31 pm
I believe the ones with evidence to back them up. I believe the ones who aren't pissed at Kerry for his anti-war work. I put the burden of proof on the accusers.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:34 pm
That burden seems to be getting met.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:43 pm
McGentrix wrote:

.. with about 45% of the American public (more or less).

Fortunately for Kerry, this is the same 45% who think that Iraq was responsible for 9/11 and that God hates homosexuals.

The question is if 51% of the voting public is smart enough to see through this BS in November. I'm betting they will.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 03:11 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Anything to back this up?
0 Replies

angie

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:04 pm
The Swift Boat issue matters not at all, IMO. In fact, all the campaign ads currently running coupled with the ones to come matter not. The debates matter not.

The country is so bitterly divided, people have already made up their minds and dug in their heels.

An election could be held today and another in November, and (IMO) the results would be exactly the same.

But go ahead, debate here all you like if it makes you feel better. I have no problem with A2K dialogue. I just don't think, at this point, ANYTHING will change ANYONE'S mind.
0 Replies