How can a good God allow suffering

Leadfoot

Sun 19 Jan, 2020 11:18 am
@izzythepush,
I forget that most people choose to live in cities, I refused any job that required travel to them.
Choice and fortune meant that the drive to work and back was always a pleasure for me.
izzythepush

Sun 19 Jan, 2020 11:59 am
@Leadfoot,
Most people don't have a lot of choice. We can't all afford to live in the countryside and work.

We had a thing over here called the Enclosure Act, which lead to Oliver Goldsmith writing The Deserted Village.
Leadfoot

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 04:18 am
@izzythepush,
You've got the wrong idea Izzy.
My first home in the countryside was a twenty year old trailer in a 95% black 'hamlet'. I was the other 5%.

That book sounds intriguing though. Your other recommendations have been excellent.
izzythepush

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 05:08 am
@Leadfoot,
It's not a book, it's a poem, and it does go on a bit.

Sweet Auburn, loveliest village of the plain,

Where health and plenty cheared the labouring swain,

Where smiling spring its earliest visit paid,

And parting summer's lingering blooms delayed,

Dear lovely bowers of innocence and ease,

Seats of my youth, when every sport could please,

How often have I loitered o'er thy green,

Where humble happiness endeared each scene!

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/44292/the-deserted-village

Complete poem at link.

The fact you were living in a caravan is irrelevant. You had a choice, not everyone does.
Leadfoot

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 06:07 am
@izzythepush,
Lovely.
Actually reminded me of that place at the end of Horsepond Road.
Fifty years on now it’s probably a suburb full of aspiring yuppies.
I keep meaning to go back and look.

I don’t discount 'fortune'.
izzythepush

Mon 20 Jan, 2020 07:01 am
@Leadfoot,
I had to study it for A level and its bucolic charm was somewhat lost by Goldsmith labouring the point. It does go on a bit.

He had a pub named after him in Southampton, it's since changed its name.

I'm even more behind than I thought.

Quote:
The Oliver Goldsmith was situated on St Marys Road. This pub closed c.2010 and re-opened as a bar called Pure. This, in turn, closed after about 12 months and has now been converted to a Best One convenience store.

https://www.closedpubs.co.uk/hampshire/southampton_olivergoldsmith.html<br />

I only drive past it every bloody day.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 08:57 pm
There is one and only true God. Similarly, there is only one prime minister.

Sturgis

Wed 22 Jan, 2020 11:45 pm
@peacecrusader888,
None of us know for sure that there is only one God. There may be several. There might be none. Or maybe there really is just the one. Until death all we have is what floats around in our individual brains.

...and last I checked, there quite a few Prime Ministers.
izzythepush

Thu 23 Jan, 2020 01:58 am
@peacecrusader888,
Repeat yourself even after being proven wrong. With reasoning like that you're bound to get taken seriously.
peacecrusader888

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:17 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Repeat yourself even after being proven wrong. With reasoning like that you're bound to get taken seriously.

Proven wrong? What make you say that I have been proven wrong? I am telling you that I echo what the spirit of Ama said which are in the Pilipino language. They are not in my head. You should be grateful to me that you have received what was said to us by a spirit.
peacecrusader888

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:43 am
@Sturgis,
Quote:
None of us know for sure that there is only one God. There may be several. There might be none. Or maybe there really is just the one. Until death all we have is what floats around in our individual brains.

...and last I checked, there quite a few Prime Ministers.

There are many religions but there is only one true God, like there is only one Prime Minister.

Enumerate the countries with more than one Prime Minister.
izzythepush

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:53 am
@peacecrusader888,
This is your problem, you have used a lousy analogy, there is more than one prime minister globally. Some countries like Thailand even have two. Israel has three, a prime minister, an associate prime minister and a substitute prime minister.

And that's not including federal countries like Germany and Austria where each region has its own pm.

On this you are demonstrably wrong. The fact that you've been given evidence that proves you're wrong yet refuse to acknowledge it tells us you're an idiot who can't argue a point.

Well done. Now everyone thinks you're an idiot.
izzythepush

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 05:55 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

Proven wrong? What make you say that I have been proven wrong?

My ability to reason and understand the difference between facts and mumbo jumbo.

peacecrusader888

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 07:14 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
This is your problem, you have used a lousy analogy, there is more than one prime minister globally. Some countries like Thailand even have two. Israel has three, a prime minister, an associate prime minister and a substitute prime minister.

And that's not including federal countries like Germany and Austria where each region has its own pm.

On this you are demonstrably wrong. The fact that you've been given evidence that proves you're wrong yet refuse to acknowledge it tells us you're an idiot who can't argue a point.

Well done. Now everyone thinks you're an idiot.

Is the spirit of Ama an idiot? Although Ama did not say this, I thought a President or a Prime Minister would be an analogy. Who would think that some countries are experimenting, like Israel which has a Prime Minister, an Associate Prime Minister, and a Substitute Prime Minister?

In Australia, there is only one Prime Minister, and that is Scott Morrison. The Heads of States and Territories are called Premiers.
peacecrusader888

Wed 5 Feb, 2020 07:53 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
My ability to reason and understand the difference between facts and mumbo jumbo.

Remember what Ka Apaz, the platform of the spirit of Ama to talk to people, regarding the egg, the skeleton, the hair and where they came from?
izzythepush

Thu 6 Feb, 2020 01:47 am
@peacecrusader888,
I don't remember it. I do remember you claiming that the Workld would end on a Wednesday last year.

It didn't. You were wrong. You're wrong a great deal of the time.

Remember that, you being wrong all the time?
izzythepush

Thu 6 Feb, 2020 01:48 am
@peacecrusader888,
peacecrusader888 wrote:

Is the spirit of Ama an idiot?

It's starting to look that way.
0 Replies

peacecrusader888

Fri 7 Feb, 2020 02:34 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I don't remember it. I do remember you claiming that the Workld would end on a Wednesday last year.

It didn't. You were wrong. You're wrong a great deal of the time.

Remember that, you being wrong all the time?

It is not the end of the world but World War III will start on a Wednesday … at Spratly Islands in the middle of the year. I just help in analyzing events. I do not know when it is going to happen. It may be this year. It may be next year but it will be never. The prophecy was initially said in 1986. The middle of the year this year, 2020, will be the second and third quarters of the year (2020-04-01 until 2020-09-30). By month, the middle of the year is June and July (2020-06-01 until 2020-07-31). By day, since this year is a leap year, 2020-07-01 (Wednesday) until 2020-07-02 (Thursday). Although 2020-07-01 is a Wednesday, I give it another week, 2020-07-08 when World War III starts.
izzythepush

Fri 7 Feb, 2020 05:26 am
@peacecrusader888,
You've got a 100% track record of being wrong.

So much for the spirit of Ama.
farmerman

Fri 7 Feb, 2020 05:37 am
@izzythepush,
Now for our next contestant, we present Lester "Two sheds" Harrington.