The answer, my friend, is very simple.
There is no God.
That answer, is called an easy answer.
:holds an imaginary ball in the air:
This ball here.
Without me to think of it, would simply not be here.
Likewise, anything physical requires an origin.
1. A canoe needs a shop, wood, and tools to make. That is, a lot of wood and metal.
2. The wood in turn comes from trees which grow from a seed.
3. The metal is quarried from mines, smelted into tools, etc.
4. All of this comes from atoms.
5. And where do atoms come from? Subatomic particles, sub-subatomic particles, and so on.
And what about you? Were you always here? Not unless you're God!
This idea of "God allows suffering, so I guess I'll not believe in him" is actually very immature, similar to pouting when someone is mean to you and ignoring him like he doesn't exist. But you clearly have an origin!
So let's try this again? How could a good God allow suffering? Well, either he isn't perfectly good and is kinda a mix, or it's like Calvin's dad in Calvin and Hobbes says. Suffering builds character.