But I still think that even with Divine guidance you will never be able to comprehend the attributes of God. Wrong choice of word, meaning "to understand them completly". What you can possibly achieve, if you study scripture with good intent and an open mind rather than just read the words, is to apprehend some of God's attributes, that is to start to have a partial understanding of them.
The Quran is not the totality of God's knowledge, love and generosity. It's only a glimpse of it, signs given to men for what they can understand. Study it often, if you believe, but don't assume you finally exhausted all of its meaning(s), ever.
True and I will invite you to just read the attributes of God given in Quran. If you want I can go over those one by one every day. You are right that even with Divine guidance we humans can never comprehend God fully but you will definitely have a better understand by read and understanding the attributes of God in Quran. Those are more than enough to come to a conclusion that God is one and is all powerful, all knowledgeable, and able to be worshipped. I can't put all that in few words as Quran says that if all trees becomes pens and all oceans becomes ink, we will still not be able to full glorify the attributes of God.
For instance, what do you think these verses mean?
Man was created of haste. I will show you My signs, so do not impatiently urge Me.
This is probably verse 37 for Chapter 21. I would like you to read from verse 30 to 40 to get the context. It is also important to know the background for verse 37 which was revealed at battle of Badr. Non believers were making fun of Prophet Muhammad PBUH and were asking him to bring the punishment of God if he is right. Allah said that these non believers are hastening to see Allah's punishment and when the punishment will come they would not be able to avoid it.
With that said, there are many scientific facts stated in these few verses which were not known 1400 years ago and science has only recently established those facts and hence the proof that Quran is Divine guidance and is enough for us to live our life according to Divine law.
30. Do the disbelievers not see that the heavens and the earth were one mass, and We tore them apart? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not believe?
31. And We placed on earth stabilizers, lest it sways with them, and We placed therein signposts and passages, that they may be guided.
32. And We made the sky a protected ceiling; yet they turn away from its wonders.
33. It is He who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; each floating in an orbit.
34. We did not grant immortality to any human being before you. Should you die, are they then the immortal?
35. Every soul will taste death. We burden you with adversity and prosperity—a test. And to Us you will be returned.
36. When those who disbelieve see you, they treat you only with ridicule: “Is this the one who mentions your gods?” And they reject the mention of the Merciful.
37. The human being was created of haste. I will show you My signs, so do not seek to rush Me.
38. And they say, “When will this promise come true, if you are truthful?”
39. If those who disbelieve only knew, when they cannot keep the fire off their faces and off their backs, and they will not be helped.
40. In fact, it will come upon them suddenly, and bewilder them. They will not be able to repel it, and they will not be reprieved.