How can a good God allow suffering

neologist

Sun 14 May, 2017 10:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
. . .I see many human goddesses on this planet; that's plenty enough for me!
Not sure that's the same thing, CI. Laughing
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Mon 15 May, 2017 02:03 am
@SawyerMentink,
SawyerMentink wrote:

How can a God that is good allow human suffering?

Goodness is just one of Gods attributes. My advise for you is to stay on his good side. Even the devil believes in God and he trembles in terror at his coming eternal destiny.
farmerman

Mon 15 May, 2017 07:15 am
@Alan McDougall,
The major difference between Donald Trump and God is that God doesnt make believe hes Donald Trump
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 15 May, 2017 10:32 am
@Alan McDougall,
How can an invisible god advise anything?
Do you hear voices when nobody is there?
What advise have you heard from god?
0 Replies

think rethink

Fri 19 May, 2017 04:52 pm
@Smileyrius,
A couple of questions, if you would indulge me, could you define the terms as they fit into your ideology? Suffering, religion and ego.

Suffering.
Harmful beliefs regarding pain and regarding obstacles in your way.

harmful conclusions based on past pain.

Harmful and false conclusions about life in general (fictitious facts), resulting from noted life observations becoming exposed to the above and combining ideas with the above ideas, thereby producing brand new conclusions and ideology.

Religion.
The spiritual aspect of the experience that the human being is (the aspect that cannot be labeled, isn't available to be pointed at, can only be endured in a purely personal manner, and cannot be memorized, shared, idealized, or described),
It's status as incomprehensible, being kept as a false verbal claim only while all kinds of abuse and compromise to this status is constantly being introduced and established.

The compromising content are attacking all spiritual phenomenon and exprerssion Wich does not surrender to this religions expression and articulation, of spiritual energy.

The compromised content is denying the existence of all remaining integral aspects and components of spirituality which isn't helping the fabricators agenda, (to claim that one factor of something is its sole cause while it was merely a contributing factor alongside additional ones,
although it is truly there, it is a lie to represent it as the exclusive factor).

The religion is offering you your essence that you already are, presented as an external commodity that you can obtain only under certain terms and conditions (no religion is telling you that you along with everything else is God, provided that ego, idea, and label are abandoned).

Ego.

Ego is the discontinueity of the following.
An infant in the crib successfully managed to experience hunger and its resolution, without mentally addressing the experiences as an entity who owns the hunger, whom the hunger affects, etc.

Ego is the inability to think without (the delusion of) a manger controlling the process.

Instead of
I think,
There is this thought..

Why can't there be a utility in a brains awareness of an idea if the idea isn't owned by a label?

A computer does it to perfection, and so does it the human scanning mechanism to perfection.

How can the label be perceived as helpful upon the realization that it isn't anything more than a label?

Have you ever gotten great advice from a name?

Also why do you suppose that man invented an invisible man in the sky,

A person was hiking with a headlight at night.
Upon noticing the bright circle of light in front of him,
He begun chasing it..
He is still running believing that this time, he is so experienced chasing,
That today, the chase will finally resolve itself with the successful acquisition of the beautiful bright light....

(This also explains, sexual addictions, urges and dependency.
But I'm not sure it is helpful here)

The mind of the spiritual energy that man is, is confusing the projection of good that is themselves, as a totally separated entity.

Layers upon layers of negative attitude to ones self engulf the person and give him reason to believe that the beautiful projection of them, isn't at all a projection, but a separated and beautiful stranger..

Would the person notice that the beautiful stranger is his reflection in the mirror,
He wouldn't be able to notice the beauty anymore for the same reason he can't notice the beauty that he is, directly.

So people are eager to be dumb, so that they can have at least this little glimmer..

As people begun to endure spiritual experiences through distorted self projection,
They needed something worthy to define this awesome spirituality.

When they ran out of disappointments and options.
It was natural to conclude that it's invisible and it's roaming the sky's interacting with is from a distance..

The theories are numerous,
But I felt that this one deserves the spotlight..

Of you are familiar with the psychopathy syndrome,
One psychopath for each religion is enough to explain it all...

newmoonnewmoon

Fri 19 May, 2017 04:55 pm
@SawyerMentink,
To allow us maturity growth.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Fri 19 May, 2017 05:01 pm
@cconq,
If there were a god, it would not make sense. It would be like a madhouse. It only makes sense from a non religious point of view.
neologist

Mon 22 May, 2017 08:35 pm
@think rethink,
You're trying to confuse my friend Smiley, right?
newmoonnewmoon

Mon 22 May, 2017 09:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
I dont understand how what you say makes sense

I dont know
edgarblythe

Mon 22 May, 2017 09:12 pm
@newmoonnewmoon,
If a god created this great morass, he is a fool or a sadist. Probably both. For if you can create by magic you can control by magic and instill harmony. The first mistake would be creating hunters - meat eaters - Then the territorial impulse - the need to go to war. So much is based on these things and atrocity builds on atrocity as a result.
Leadfoot

Tue 23 May, 2017 06:40 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
If a god created this great morass ....
Wait a fuckn minute, tell me again who created this morass/atrocity ?

From evidence in your own post you can tell it obviously wasn't God
edgarblythe

Tue 23 May, 2017 08:50 am
@Leadfoot,
Did you not catch the supposition - IF?
think rethink

Tue 23 May, 2017 12:36 pm
@neologist,
Smiley asked for my view, I obliged.

Not sure what is wrong with these assumed theories, but confusing people isn't my hobby.

I don't own any of them and would gladly abandon them for better ones.
0 Replies

newmoonnewmoon

Tue 23 May, 2017 03:04 pm
@Leadfoot,
I think maybe God created people who dont listen.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
You have to get past trying to rationalize about god(s), because it goes nowhere. Man's creation of many gods, thousands of them, proves they are all the creation of men. Man is not a rational being; we are the product of subjective rationalizations which becomes our objective truth. It has nothing to do with intelligence: Many with the highest of IQs believes in a god.
I guess man's fear of eternal death is the motivation.
As an atheist, I don't fear death. I consider myself lucky for having lived this long (81 years), and to have seen much of this world, having traveled to over 80 countries (I think it's 82), and making friends in many of them.
One must be satisfied with what we have accomplished on this planet, because that's all she wrote.
Governments and economics have much to do with how expansive our potential experiences offered during our life time. Those of us born in a capitalistic democracy with free education had the most opportunities.
I'm glad our great grandparents had the wherewithal to migrate from Hiroshima, Japan, to the United States of America in the late 1800s.
We all know what happened to Hiroshima during WWII. Amazingly, some of our relatives were still alive when we visited Japan in 1982.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 24 May, 2017 01:45 pm
@edgarblythe,
I am honestly not sure about your pov (the old problem of evil)...do you really believe a paradise would be a nice alternative?
I mean no risk, no loss, no work and effort, what's to be pleasured about?
edgarblythe

Wed 24 May, 2017 02:03 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I don't recall wishing for paradise. Just a little justice where it's lacking.
Leadfoot

Wed 24 May, 2017 02:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Did you not catch the supposition - IF?
So what's the point? If your scenario clearly shows that we are responsible for the mess, why bring up God?
edgarblythe

Wed 24 May, 2017 03:45 pm
@Leadfoot,
I didn't. God is the topic of the thread.
Leadfoot

Thu 25 May, 2017 02:29 pm
@edgarblythe,
Then why the 'if'?