Its was nice knowin' ya...

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:20 pm
I've had my fill. This was a fun forum for a while, but the argments have become rather stale, some are just outright absurd (particularly the Bush supporters who have the nerve to try to tarnish Kerry's war record--simply amazing), and a handful of trolls have really ruined this site. I'd name names, but we know who they are, and frankly, they'd love the attention.
When I started to wince at the ignorance and stupidity of some of their posts, that was my sign to head to the door. The rest of you can have fun dealing with that crap.

As for the rest of you, it was fun and a real pleasure engaging in debate (even you, McG Very Happy ). Time for me to focus on other things in life for a while. Hasta la pasta...

And remember-

Save America- Vote Bush OUT!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 581 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:32 pm
Well, I'll miss you. Know what you mean (I think) about the trolls, but who knows what they think of us...

The odd thing is, does anyone think this is gonna affect the outcome of the vote?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:40 pm
Kerry's war record? Not really. Most people are so inured to claims one way or the other by politicians about each other that they don't listen very closely.

The media LOVES to talk about it, tho.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:48 pm
Re: Its was nice knowin' ya...
JustanObserver wrote:
I've had my fill. This was a fun forum for a while, but the argments have become rather stale, some are just outright absurd. . . .

Ha! You cannot blame the alleged lack of exciting topics on your perceived staleness of THIS forum. Your perception is skewed. As soon as a new and exciting topic of conversation hits the news stands, you'll be excited to discuss the subject -- but where will you go? Yahoo! discussion boards? ROFL

Take a vacation from the board, but don't burn your bridges.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:52 pm
You might try elsewhere than the political threads, there's a hell of a lot that goes on here which has nothing to do with politics.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:53 pm
I'm with Setanta on this one. It was only recently I noticed there even was a political forum. <for effect>
0 Replies

GeneralTsao

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:52 pm
How many times on how many boards do I see the war-torn poster publicly announce his/her "leaving"?

The fact is, it's just a publicity stunt--a ploy to stroke his/her own ego: "I know--I'll quit! That will show them!"

Then a few nice people online say, "No, no, don't leave! We will miss you!"

Well save it for the eulogy.

If a board participant is too "intelligent" to hang with we common folk, let him/her leave peacefully and without fanfare--and skip the guilt-trip crap.

Go find another playground. Come back when you mature.

General Tsao
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:00 pm
You could try democraticunderground.com if the problem is dissenting voices. You won't find many there, just boring anti-Bush rhetoric. Think this place is boring?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:10 pm
Don't let the door hit you in the a-- on the way out.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:17 pm
I know how you feel Just. I got really really PO'd at someone last week on a political thread. Thought about announcing my resignation. Let it ride a week and found some other stuff to jump into. Then realised I was trying to get sympathy. You're a great poster Just...just take a vacation and come back fresh
0 Replies