Who are you voting for?

agrote

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 01:24 pm
I'm English, so obviously I can't vote in the American election, but I'm just wondering who's in favour of who in this forum.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,467 • Replies: 40
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:47 pm
I don't know who I'm going to vote for, but I'm definitely leaning towards voting against Bush.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:49 pm
Not a very popular thread this.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:52 pm
It's too early to tell. I think people will join in eventually.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 09:24 pm
Laughing

Guess not.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 09:31 pm
Like Arundati Roy says, and I'll have to paraphrase here since I don't remember her exact quote.

Bush and Kerry are like laundry soap. You can buy Tide or you can buy Cheer. But they're both owned by Proctor Gamble.

I cannot, with good conscience, vote for either one.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:10 pm
I feel the opposite of you gus. My conscience drives me to vote for Kerry because I feel compelled to do what I can to see to it that Bush is not given four more years in which to demoralize this country and make the world a much more dangerous place because of his inept and misdirected policies set in place during his presidency.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 03:27 am
doglover wrote:
I feel the opposite of you gus. My conscience drives me to vote for Kerry because I feel compelled to do what I can to see to it that Bush is not given four more years in which to demoralize this country and make the world a much more dangerous place because of his inept and misdirected policies set in place during his presidency.

aw hell, you love dogs. who cares what you think? if you were a real american, you'd, without question, wrap yourself in the flag, with a bald eagle perched on your shoulder, the good book in your right hand, a ballot marked "bush" in your left and jump off a cliff singing the star spangled banner with as much conspicuous sincerity as you could ever, and i mean ever, muster.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:26 am
Well, I have always been a third party/independent voter like Gus, but I feel so strongly that this administration is doing irreparable harm to my country that I will vote for Kerry. I was hoping for a different democratic candidate, but honestly the more I know about Kerry the better I like him for president -- which probably means he'll lose.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:32 am
Of course he's going to lose. Between the Voter rigging in Florida, the Diebold computer terminals in various states and the FBI threatening black people Kerry doesn't stand a chance.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:37 am
I'm really starting to like you, McG.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 08:41 am
McGentrix wrote:
Of course he's going to lose. Between the Voter rigging in Florida, the Diebold computer terminals in various states and the FBI threatening black people Kerry doesn't stand a chance.

LOL Laughing
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 12:57 pm
on one of these threads, it was brought up that "america has a culture worth preserving" or some such.

i agree. which is why i'm going with kerry. what ever it is that bush is doing, and for whatever reason, it just isn't working for me. and to tell you the truth, i have a real problem with a group of people that constantly claim that at least 50% of the country is out of touch with the mainstream.

i suspect that the folks that keep saying that are out of touch with the mainstream, though.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:17 pm
Bush.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 02:18 pm
Living in New York allows me to keep my vote for a third party candidate. If I thought for a moment Bush had a chance in New York, he would get my vote.
0 Replies

Mr Bain

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 03:16 pm
I also live in New York. The city's huge Democratic preference guarantees that my vote won't matter in the big scheme of things.

I vote for candidates of both parties. But, New Yorkers have taken on such a herd mentality and are so one-sided in their views this election, that I have been driven to vote for Bush out of disdain for the pure orthodoxy that surrounds me.

Most of America recognizes that there is actually more than one choice in this election- but most voters in New York neither think nor act that way. They are virtually monolithic in how they think about the issues at hand.

I never liked George W. Bush that much. But, what I hate even more than this President is complete and utter single-mindedness among the masses.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 04:07 pm
So, those who have said they will/would vote for Bush, why is that?

Sorry if you end up repeating things you've said in other threads, I'm new to this forum. I just want to keep the questions simple for now: why Bush?
0 Replies

Mr Bain

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 09:35 pm
I'm voting for Bush because I'm sick of all these whining little babies telling me "Bush is bad." "Bush is bad."

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Everyone I know is voting with a herd mentality. They're not thinking things through. They're just voting against Bush because its what everyone is doing.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 10:20 pm
Mr. Bain,

Might I point out that nearly half the whining little babies are telling you that "Kerry is bad". Haven't you seen the swift boat ads?

Why don't you join me in voting for Nader?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 11:59 pm
Mr Bain wrote:
I'm voting for Bush because I'm sick of all these whining little babies telling me "Bush is bad." "Bush is bad."

Spite. Now that's a brilliant reason to vote for someone. You make me proud to be an American, sir.
0 Replies