What's your favorite commerical on TV?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:22 am
The best damn commerical is the one for Arby's with the talking oven mitt.

What a brilliant friggin' concept!

A talkin' friggin' oven mitt.

I laugh and laugh whenever I see that damn commerical.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 08:58 am
My all-time favorite commercial was a spot for a beer, Colt 45 I believe, featuring Billy Dee Williams. It was pure fantasy, Arabian stallions and such, and it truly was a work of art. It won alot of awards that year, '86 or '87 I think, but it didn't run often. Don't know why.

In the 80's, the blue jean companies, Gap and Levi's in particular, created very exciting, cutting edge advertising. I remember Levi's 501 Blues, especially.
0 Replies

lovingHim

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 11:25 am
"Wehoddababyeetsaboy"
Here's another one that I haven't seen in a while. In order to not be charged for a long-distance call, a new father phones a relative or friend, asking to speak with "Wehoddababyeetsaboy". The party then responds, "I'm sorry. There's nobody here by that name." He then puts down the receiver and says to his wife, "That was Bob. They had a baby. It's a boy!" It was a commercial for long-distance service and how one can save money on long-distance calls without having to cheat the phone company. Does anyone remember that one?
Another very funny one not shown anymore is the man trying on a bra in front of a mirror. His wife walks in on him and calmly asks, "Scott, who's the NBA all-time leader in blocked shots?" That was a commercial for some on-line sports trivia website.
0 Replies

ilikeeggs

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2004 04:06 pm
I like the one where there's a goth girl, and a preppy girl who have to share a room with eachother. The goth girl just sits there quietly, rolling and narrowing her eyes as the preppy girl says things like this: "I see you like black, my favorite color is pink! Oh I love your wardrobe! It's so classy! Flower-power! This is going to be great!" It goes on and on until the narrarator of the commercial suddenly says, "It's nice to have one thing in common," and both of the girls have a Dell laptop.
0 Replies

RfromP

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:20 am
My favorite is the one where the 80's rock group Survivor parodies their Eye of the Tiger song for the coffee drink. "GLEN!!............GLEN!!!!! GLEN!!!!!GLEN!!!!!"

A close second is the new Miller Lite commercials with the referee throwing a penalty flag for serving Bud Lite and then tacking on an extra penalty for the guy having an "unoriginal tribal art tatoo."

Funny stuff.
0 Replies

furiousflee

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:23 am
There was this one commercial in South- Africa about this coffee creamer called Creamora. Anyway, this guy is looking all over the cupboard asking his wife in many screams and finally his wife responds, "It's not inside, it's on top!" Well, I guess you had to be there....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 17 Sep, 2004 11:28 am
RfromP wrote:
My favorite is the one where the 80's rock group Survivor parodies their Eye of the Tiger song for the coffee drink. "GLEN!!............GLEN!!!!! GLEN!!!!!GLEN!!!!!"

I love that one....hehehe Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 29 Sep, 2004 08:04 pm
Has anyone seen the new Nike commercial featuring the Michael Vick amusement park ride? The kid taking the ride finds himself on a football field running the ball, sidestepping tacklers and screaming all the way to the goal line? It's hysterical, absolutely brilliant, and bound to be a real ride just as soon as they can figure it out.
Don't know the ad agency but whoever came up with this concept deserves a big, fat bonus.
0 Replies

Armyvet35

Reply Fri 22 Oct, 2004 12:46 am
hehe yes GLEN GLEN GLEN GLEN is funny Smile then its ROY

I also like the commercial airing for the NFL Football season.

The guy is sitting in his chair with the TV on. He has a high stress job of coaching I believe and they say he can handle it becaus ehe has training... they pan out and you see the wife hovering over him yelling like a football coach about everything and anything..

One more is the lady in the shoe store (also a fotball comercial) and she tackles a guy...
0 Replies

JP

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 12:37 pm
New Commercial from Dell
Hello Guy and gals , I an a newbie here Smile from Chile

Dells new commercial shows some guyrocking out on his pc and watching movies and putting his face on the Easter Island figures (I love that ).
Anywho, what's the song he's jammin' on

And also the link to that commercial , and which are the best commercial ssites pls

Btw how do I get an avatar Razz Question

best thanks
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 12:47 pm
JP, welcome to A2K. I simply adore that commercial. That guy is one hell of an actor. Sometimes folks who are in commercials, are the best actors of all.

There's one about Raisin Bran Crunch that is great, too. The guy eating the cereal can't hear one word that his boss has said, including:

You're fired. Razz
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 12:50 pm
JP- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Here is how to get an avatar:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47

AFLAC! Laughing

That will always be my favorite commercial!
0 Replies

JP

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 01:41 pm
Thanks a lot Phoenix 32930

Concerning the link , could anybody be of help Very Happy

See you Smile
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 02:57 pm
Sad I don't have television. I haven't seen a commercial in probably 5 years. Funny thing is though, when my kids were little, I would turn on the tv just to listen to while I did my work around the house. I could sing every commercial that had any type of song with it by heart but couldn't tell ya one bit about the commercial itself! Talk about osmosis? Very Happy
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 08:50 pm
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 08:52 pm
ilikeeggs wrote:
I like the one where there's a goth girl, and a preppy girl who have to share a room with eachother.

I love that one too. If i were only 30 years younger, I would do Goth.
0 Replies

JP

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:07 pm
Letty wrote:
JP, welcome to A2K. I simply adore that commercial. That guy is one hell of an actor. Sometimes folks who are in commercials, are the best actors of all.
There's one about Raisin Bran Crunch that is great, too. The guy eating the cereal can't hear one word that his boss has said, including:

You're fired. Razz

Apologize I didnĀ“t see your post Letty , well do you have a link for it Question Very Happy
0 Replies

JP

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:11 pm
Harper wrote:
I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.

Hello Harper why dont you visit us then Very Happy also others to see how is it, sure you will found it very interesting
Bye Laughing
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:13 pm
Guiness...Brilliant!!

Particularly the one at the beach where the guy is sunburned.
0 Replies

JP

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2004 09:19 pm
I want to see it , but nobody give links , Hi Cereal Killer Very Happy
0 Replies