What have you lost that you wish you had back?

PamO

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 09:45 am
I splurged one day on a swarovski crystal butterfly pony tailer. It was $60. at Neiman Marcus and I bought it while I was poor, poor, poor. The only reason I cracked and purchased this luxury was because I had not bought anything nice for myself in years. ( Couldn't afford to. ) Plus, I use pony tailers daily so I new I'd use it. On the flip side, I thought: What if I lose it? It's exp. and if I lose it, I'll be really mad at myself. Well, I bought it...held on to it for 3 years. Last summer I was hiking up in the Port Ludlow area of Washignton state...Fort Warden to be exact. Came out of the tall brush WITHOUT my crystal pony tailer. I am still pi**ed that I wore it on that hike. And I still think about how gorgeous it was. Wish I had it back. Oh well.Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,734 • Replies: 40
No top replies

mchol

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:15 am
Oh PamO... I've lost so many treasured things. But what I wish I had back most are the souveineers (I dunno how to spell that) of my life. My family lost home videos, family photos, newspaper clippings I was in, and etc.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
My virginity. I wish I had auctioned it on eBay
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:23 am
LOL[/size][/u]
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:23 am
Ahhh, I see. Sworovski crystal? Waaaaaaaaaaaah.

However, I'm having a hard time imagining this object. Do you know how to find and post images?? (Stupid tall brush! Whenever I go hiking I wear old clothes and no jewelry. It's just not worth it.)

Mchol -- Some of those newspaper clippings you could probably get again. Sad about the rest. Everyone says the first things they'd save from a burning house (after the people and pets) are their photographs. (love your signature line)

- -
I took off two rings to wash my hands when I was in college, ages ago, and left them on othe sink. When I realized my loss and went back a few minutes later, they were gone. One was a gold ring that had been my grandfather's, the other was gold and had a large jade ball on it. I really wish I hadn't lost my grandfather's ring.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:24 am
I love Gautam. Smile I was looking at pictures from a few years back...pre- babies...I told my husband that I wished I had known how great I looked...I could have exploited myself and made some money. He says Hey honey, it's never too late to exploit yourself for money. hee hee. Wink
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:26 am
Hm, you think? I guess I could call the paper and ask them.... But yeah, it was a really tragic loss.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:27 am
When I was a child I had a teddy bear named nee-nee, and a drum music box lamp. My parents were big into getting rid of things as I outgrew them. I wish I had them back now.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:28 am
PamO- I think you still look great! Which one is you? The one on the right?

BTW, if anyone see's my innocence could you please let me know. I sure do miss it and would love to have it back.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:29 am
Sorry about your family items, Mchol. I'd hate that too. Now you can save stuff like that through Mac. All of our family stuff has been converted onto Mac's system...it's a nice peace of mind.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:31 am
You can say that, squinney! How I am tainted.... (sigh)
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
Thanks Squinney, you're a doll. No, I'm the tall yellow one on the left...the one with the unibrow and saggy yellow you know what's under my striped cardigan. Ohh, to get those 80's back!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:32 am
What, G? Definitely Southeby's, not eBay. Waaay too tacky.

Mchol -- Definitely, I think that you could get those back. If you're anywhere near a good-sized library (like the UW Library or the downtown Seattle Public) then you could probably search for and find those newspapers on microfiche or some other format, then you can make copies. Or... you can contact the newspaper directly.

Was it a fire or something like that?

Jim -- I'm sorry about nee-nee. I had a chimpanzee doll named Zippy that I wish I had back, too.
0 Replies

mchol

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:35 am
Theft. I guess they didn't check the boxes before they decided to take it.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:37 am
Mchol -- That's a shame. There are rats in the world, sad, but true.
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:38 am
Hey Jim, My older sister is really upset that my mom "thinks" she may have given her Holly Hobbie doll to Salvation Army. Beck's in another state, and STILL asks about it. "Has Mom found my Holly Hobbie doll yet, Pam?" I had a Mrs. Beasley doll i'd love to have back. sniff
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:45 am
Other than a firm chin, I wish I'd kept my girl scout sash and merit badges. Also, my mother's old mixing bowls.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:50 am
When our house burned, the first thing we saved was ourselves. Then my mother's violins.

I wish I had my books back.
0 Replies

fortune

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:51 am
I WANT MY BOOKS BACK!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:57 am
Oh my. I feel for both of you. Theft is ugly and criminally invasive, damn those mf's to hell, but fire is a devastation with few comparisons. That's always been one of my biggest fears.
0 Replies