Film Trivia:

TomNice

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 07:32 am
Film Trivia:

Which movies have one letter titles? I’ve seen two, but I believe there are more.

In the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” why was Mr. Potter in a wheelchair?

What is the possible connection between Bermuda and Star Trek?

How many stories are there in the Naked City?

What are the 39 steps?

Which current actress has three family names?

Tom,

Sturgis

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 08:58 am
@TomNice,
The 39 Steps= a spy organization

There are 8 million stories in the naked city, this has been one of them.

TomNice

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2016 09:20 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, Yes the 39 steps is a spy organization. In particular, “The 39 Steps is an organization of spies collecting information on behalf of the foreign office of... “ Mr. Memory has been shot. “The 39 Steps” (1935) is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies. The story of the movie North by Northwest (1959) is similar as possibly is the story of “Saboteur” (1942) not to be confused with Sabotage (1936).

Also, you are correct there are 8 million stories in the Naked City. It appears the video you included is from the television show. The movie made in 1948 and starring Barry Fitzgerald is one of my favorites and I’ve seen it a number of times, but have never seen the television show. At the time the movie was released there wasn’t quite 8 million people in New York City, each person had a story, but now there are more than 8 million.

Thank you for your correct responses.

Tom,
0 Replies

TomNice

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2016 06:00 am
Two more:

When did “Superman” appear in the 1939 movie “Gone With the Wind”?

Which feature length movie (more than 1 hour) with a well known director and well known actresses and actors was shot almost entirely in a pool of water?

Tom,
TomNice

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2016 06:52 am
One more:

Which Actress/Actor played the most different roles in a single movie? I don’t know the answer exactly, but I have a good candidate.

Tom,
joefromchicago

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 09:19 pm
@TomNice,
TomNice wrote:

Film Trivia:

Which movies have one letter titles? I’ve seen two, but I believe there are more.

M, W, and Z

TomNice wrote:
In the movie “It’s a Wonderful Life” why was Mr. Potter in a wheelchair?

Because Lionel Barrymore had crippling arthritis.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 09:24 pm
@TomNice,
George Reeves (Superman) played one of the brothers trying to date Scarlet early in Gone With the Wind.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 04:12 am
@TomNice,
That would probably be Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove. He played the title role, he played Group Commander Mandrake and he played President Muffley. He was also originally cast as Major "King" Kong, but was replaced by Slim Pickens.

Personally, i don't think you should be throwing out more questions until all the others have been answered, even if you have to supply the answers. For example, i'd like to know what actress you say has three family names. I can think of several with three names, but only two family names--such as Jamie Lee Curtis (sort of--he father was Tony Curtis, and her mother was Janet Leigh), or Helena Bonham Carter.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 05:44 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

That would probably be Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove. He played the title role, he played Group Commander Mandrake and he played President Muffley. He was also originally cast as Major "King" Kong, but was replaced by Slim Pickens.

Alec Guinness played eight roles in Kind Hearts and Coronets.
Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 05:49 am
@joefromchicago,
I would never dispute your superior knowledge of film.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 06:21 am
@TomNice,
I'd go for Alec Guinness in Kind Hearts And Coronets. He played The D'Ascoyne Family: The Duke / The Banker / The Parson / The General / The Admiral / Young Ascoyne / Young Henry / Lady Agatha. Eight roles in all.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 08:00 am
@izzythepush,
And now we know what the time difference between the US and the UK is - 37 minutes.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 08:17 am
@joefromchicago,
Sorry, didn't see yours until just now.
0 Replies