• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 980 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 08:27 am
@Bigboy1996,
From my point of view, it's just a phrase. I hate to sound like a curmudgeon, but it's part of romance fantasy and literature. We need such inspiration to give us hope but the reality falls quite a bit short.

That being said, I'll clarify my point: you can have a couple who is completely dedicated to one another..and lives a good happy existence. However, 'true love" is a myth. It is nice to have a goal to aspire to and an ideal.

What are your thoughts?

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 08:39 am
@Bigboy1996,
It's a major plot device in Princess Bride (1987).
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2016 11:23 am
True Love. Often mistaken for the equally bogus 'Unconditional Love'.
0 Replies

shilpamary

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 05:27 am
@Bigboy1996,
True love comes only from Mother because she is the one who cares without expectation and loves before we born. Mother is the only women who is being true to us and showed all her love towards us. Being a mother, no one in this world can stop loving her children in any cause. In relatives, the most loving and caring person is mom, whatever issue may be don't hurt your mother at any point of time.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 4 May, 2016 05:48 am
@shilpamary,
Quote:
Being a mother, no one in this world can stop loving her children in any cause.
Sometimes a mother actually WILL love in any cause but even that can be a mistake. If Charles Manson's mom gave him her blessings with her love it would be a travesty.

And then there are the very real examples of mothers who never gave their innocent children love they deserved.
0 Replies