Rectal Themometer Days.

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:48 pm
A friend sent me this joke:

If you've had a really bad day at work, on your way home stop at your pharmacy and go to the thermometer section. You will need to purchase a rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson. Be very sure you get this brand.

When you get home, lock your doors, draw the drapes, and disconnect the phone so you will not be disturbed during your therapy. Change to very comfortable clothing, such as a sweat suit, pour a glass of wine and lie down on your bed. Open the package and remove the thermometer. Carefully place it on the bedside table so that it will not become chipped or broken. Take out the material that comes with the thermometer and read it. You will notice that in small print there is a statement:

"Every rectal thermometer made by Johnson and Johnson is personally tested"

Now close your eyes and repeat out loud five times: "I am so glad I do not work for quality control at the Johnson and Johnson Company".

Now my friend and I refer to awful days at work as "rectal themometer days".

I usually love my job, I'm a portrait photographer, but even I have RTDs once in a while. A pageant mom or a stage mom who constantly criticize their kid are the typical instigators or my personal RTDs.

What about your job might set off a rectal themometer day?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,978 • Replies: 10
No top replies

husker

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:53 pm
pretty special Smile
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:55 pm
Howdy husker! Rumor has it that you've been sick. I trust that you're doing better now?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
getting better by the day - but doc says 4 to 6 more weeks at home, most of my notes and comments are on the missiong member page.

i'm feeling well enough to internet! lol
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:01 pm
I'm glad to hear it!

I'll have to go in search of the missing member page...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:36 pm
Missing in action
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:14 pm
Thanks husker!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 07:20 pm
Finding out that one of my policyholder's has been paying worker's comp premiums for his workers - but hasn't told them because he doesn't want them to report an injury Evil or Very Mad . It means a lot of work for me, trying to sort stuff out for injured workers - and I have to talk to the worker's comp fraud investigators - all unnecessary, cuz he freakin' should have just reported the freakin' claim

Definite rectal thermometer time - especially since I can't tell him I think he's on the other side of being a low life, freakin' scum suckin' @ss.

The guy whose file I worked on today should have been getting benefits 6 weeks ago - but nooooooooooooooo - the freakin' employer made me dig all this cr@p out spoonful by freakin' spoonful.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:06 pm
Yikes! eBeth - that is most definatley a RTD.

I think you should pour two glasses of wine and put on some soothing music too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 08:12 pm
It's frighteningly like that each day, boomer.
I'm just glad that I got away from the fraud investigation unit I used to work. I'd rather find out the employer was scammin', than the person claiming injuries.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 09:42 pm
Wow.

Maybe I can say I don't work in quality control at Johnson and Johnson and I don't have eBeth's job either!

The last employer I had, the one that I really learned the ropes from, my friend and mentor, really taught me the ethics behind running a business. He was so honest and so unwilling to do anything underhanded. I think I'll fly to Idaho and give him a kiss.

I guess stage moms are pretty tame by comparison. But I still want to knock their blocks off.
0 Replies