12
   

Christian discussion

 
 
oristarA
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 06:28 pm
@Smileyrius,
Before further discussion, let us confirm this:

Jesus is God according to Bible.

Yes or No?
rrasmussen
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 19 May, 2016 08:38 pm
@oristarA,
God has always been here, he is infinite, meaning he has no beginning and no end. We don’t know what God is physically and that’s all right because you don’t need to see to believe. For instance the small bugs that crawl along the ground we didn’t know they existed until we discovered a way to see them, just because we didn’t see them with our human eye doesn’t mean we can disregard the idea. He interacts with us through multiple ways and one is the Holy Spirit and another is through miracles, a miracle that happened in my life would be the fact that God saved me from a terrible car incident at night on the freeway. He gave me focus and a watchful eye and placed a feeling upon me that there was danger. (which was a guy on the wrong side of the freeway)
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 12:35 am
@oristarA,
You haven't actually read much of the bible, have you?
oristarA
 
  0  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 05:08 am
@neologist,
How much is much?

You even have no guts to answer Yes or No.

Are you waiting till I offer the Biblical quotations?
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 11:43 am
@oristarA,
neologist wrote:
You haven't actually read much of the bible, have you?
oristarA wrote:
How much is much?

You even have no guts to answer Yes or No.

Are you waiting till I offer the Biblical quotations?
Well, you were asking Smiley. I didn't wish to prompt his answer. But if you need the answer desperately.
No.
Recall that Jesus reportedly died and was resurrected. Who resurrected him? Are you suggesting he resurrected himself?

Good discussion HERE
oristarA
 
  1  
Reply Fri 20 May, 2016 10:54 pm
@neologist,

Well be straight, the Bible explicitly says that Jesus is God:

Quote:
Isaiah 9:6“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”

John reiterates the concept of Jesus’ deity: “The Word [Jesus] was God” and “the Word became flesh” (John 1:1, 14). These verses clearly indicate that Jesus is God in the flesh


Now let's turn to your resurrection question.

Since God is omnipotent, so the Resurrection is simply a demonstration of His omnipotence.

But the extrapolation does not stop here. Since Jesus is God's only begotten son, thus it proves that God's fecundity is poor and disabled, which negates His omnipotence.

And therefore the only one who's trapped in the desperation of logic is the one who believes God's omnipotence
Leadfoot
 
  1  
Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 07:59 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
Since God is omnipotent, so the Resurrection is simply a demonstration of His omnipotence.
Granted, that 'omnipotence' is a popular belief accepted by most believers. But where did that come from? The bible says he is powerful but never claims omnipotence. And it is full of stories that prove he is not. God obviously has the same limitations of logic and reason that we do.
oristarA
 
  0  
Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 08:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Your understanding got improved, becoming less superstitious.
0 Replies
 
neologist
 
  2  
Reply Sat 21 May, 2016 10:56 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
Well be straight, the Bible explicitly says that Jesus is God:
You may be interested in what Jesus had to say.
Quote:
The Lord brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old (Proverbs 8:22)
Read the whole chapter. It says a lot. As for your quote from Isaiah, consider the fact that many are designated as 'gods' since the word 'god' is not actually a proper name, but is a title.
oristarA wrote:
Since God is omnipotent, so the Resurrection is simply a demonstration of His omnipotence.
And . . . ?
oristarA wrote:
But the extrapolation does not stop here.
We can't wait. . .
oristarA wrote:
Since Jesus is God's only begotten son, thus it proves that God's fecundity is poor and disabled, which negates His omnipotence.
Have you ever studied Eckankar?
oristarA wrote:
And therefore the only one who's trapped in the desperation of logic is the one who believes God's omnipotence
Ah, yes. Desperation of logic.
Quote:
One of the great mind destroyers of college education is the belief that if it's very complex, it's very profound. - Dennis Prager
I know Edgar Allen Poe said something similar, but I could not find the quote. Sorry.
Smileyrius
 
  3  
Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 05:57 am
@oristarA,
I see that you have already opened the line off thought with Neo, but I would happily discuss. For the record I see no scriptural plausibility that Jesus is the God he called father. I am however always open to new understanding.

Edit: I answer the way I do because I can only tell you what I believe is, I have no claim to a grasp of ultimate truth. for the purpose of your discussion, I am in the "no" court.
oristarA
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 10:00 am
@Smileyrius,
If so, who's Jesus in your mind?

Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to God?
oristarA
 
  1  
Reply Sun 22 May, 2016 10:05 am
@neologist,
I just checked up Eckankar and begin to know what it is.

It seems to be a good religion. Yet I have been tired of any religion and SCIENCE always rejuvenates me.
0 Replies
 
Smileyrius
 
  4  
Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 08:26 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

If so, who's Jesus in your mind?

Jesus was identified as "the firstborn of all creation,” “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Col 1:15; Re 1:1; 3:14) Everything following Jesus was created "through him" suggesting he had a role in the creation of all other things, which is why he is specifically called Gods "only" begotten son, it implies that he was the only one created directly by God. It also suggests that he would become heir to all creation (Col 1:16, Hebrews 1:2) In this way, Jesus is a god in many senses of the word.
He is also called Gods "word" or "logos" (john 1:1), implying that he was Gods appointed spokesman. Where God speaks in the bible, it would be plausible in my mind to consider that it could be Jesus speaking. He was "god" to man in the same way Moses was "god" to Aaron, (Exodus 4:16)

Quote:
Do you believe that Jesus is the only way to God?
A decent enough question but perhaps it is worth qualifying the terms, what do you understand the "way to God" to mean?
oristarA
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 01:11 am
@Smileyrius,
Theologically, you've very well explained your point of view.

My recommendation:

(1) Cherry-picking is allowed in theology, but not acceptable in science.
(2) Make your explanation consistent with rigorous scientific observation (of modern cosmology) , not confining to theology.

(It seems that there is no need to explain "Jesus is the only way to God", which is purely religious. Let's drop it.).
Smileyrius
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 02:18 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Theologically, you've very well explained your point of view.

My recommendation:

(1) Cherry-picking is allowed in theology, but not acceptable in science.
(2) Make your explanation consistent with rigorous scientific observation (of modern cosmology) , not confining to theology.

(It seems that there is no need to explain "Jesus is the only way to God", which is purely religious. Let's drop it.).


Noted and thank you chap
0 Replies
 
Leadfoot
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 08:43 am
@oristarA,
Quote:
(It seems that there is no need to explain "Jesus is the only way to God", which is purely religious. Let's drop it.).
Well, the OP subject IS "Christian discussion" so why did you pick it up?
oristarA
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 09:28 am
@Leadfoot,

Good question.

It appears that the discussion deals with two sections:

(1) Christian in religious sense
(2) Christian in scientific sense

That is, the discussion is not purely religious.
Leadfoot
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 11:31 am
@oristarA,
I saw a little philosophy but the scientific part must have slipped right by me. Nothing wrong with bringing it up though.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 11:47 am
@rrasmussen ,
The mind of man has no limits to their imagined god.
Quote:
God has always been here, he is infinite, meaning he has no beginning and no end.
oristarA
 
  1  
Reply Fri 27 May, 2016 11:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

I saw a little philosophy but the scientific part must have slipped right by me. Nothing wrong with bringing it up though.


Not everyone saw this way. Some think there is greatest philosophy in it. Here's one:

Quote:
Is not God the author of the laws of the universe? Is He not the greatest scientist? The greatest physicist? The greatest biologist? Most important, is He honored or dishonored by those who would demand that His people ignore rigorous scientific conclusions about His creation? Can faith in a loving God be built on a foundation of lies about nature?
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 11/29/2021 at 10:11:12