Hints and Allegations - an A2K Whodunit Game

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 08:14 am
Jespah
I still think there is a link between Dlowan and Littlek but I haven't figured out the crime.

BBB
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 08:33 am
The weapon's got to be Nutella!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 09:53 am
... ah, I am seeing more good guessing, so I fired up the clue computer again. Still stuck in verse mode. Hmm.

The weapon had an athletic supporter
The victim likes who's on the quarter
The killer can parse
The forum might showcase a farce
Can you put the clues into order?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:06 am
So we don't get any positive confirmation on the correct guesses?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
... hmmm ...

Tell ya what (since I'm still working out how to play this game) - give me a full guess, all 4 areas, and I'll tell you how many parts are right, but not which parts.

I'm trying to prevent people from just guessing over and over.

It's jes and RP!
It's jes and sozobe!
It's jes and Craven! etc. etc. etc. You can see how dull that would get.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:36 am
Okeedokes:

Victim: Setanta (7 letters, long posts, love is sweet)
Killer: Roberta (7 letters, a she, "scorpio" by join date.)
Forum: Cooking (forum might have a pan, not so sure about "pretty" though)
Weapon: Nutella (Kobe was the athletic supporter)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:39 am
I told the lad yesterday that I thought he'd been done in, by a lovely chocolate-hazelnut snack. I'm mulling over the forum issue - I was thinking more poetry-wise (pan - critics ...) . Mulling.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:53 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
Feolola did in dlown, jealousy over being in second place.

I'm not in first place.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:56 pm
Art has no "debate guidelines" announcement, folks - speaking of pretty.

It has GUIDELINES, but not debate ones - so I am not sure if it meets Jes' specifications...
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 03:59 pm
I'm getting another printout from the clue computer. It appears that my repairs worked and it is out of rhyming mode. It says -

Quote:
Three areas are correctly guessed. The one that has not yet been determined involves lines, companies and cards.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 04:36 pm
here's my guess....

Victim: Setanta

Killer: Roberta

Forum: Performing Arts

Weapon: Nutella

??????

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:13 pm
BING BING BING BING WE HAVE A WINNER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Yes, sad to say, Roberta did in Setanta in the Performing Arts forum by drowning him in a vat of nutella.

Now, if you'd indulge me, I'm up for any and all suggestions re improvements. 3 that I know I want to do are:
1) Change the electrocution weapon to death by asphyxiation from breathing the herring breath of a harbor seal. Much sillier and less scarier that way, and it goes better with A2K.
2) Change the clue generation rule to something more like, a clue every few hours or after a certain number of guesses. I don't want people to just be waiting around for clues, but at the same time I can see that asking for a specific number of guesses can slow down the game. And,
3) Add a rule/info about how the gamesmaster will handle partial guesses. Once I told you all that 3 out of 4 pieces had been discovered, it was a quick trip to getting the right answer, but back a few pages, someone mentioned Setanta and someone else mentioned nutella, but I didn't say anything either time. So, there should be some sort of rule re that, but I think it has to balance out between a desire to move the game along and make it possible to win, versus making it so easy that it's dull and/or anyone can guess it without doing too much detective work. After all, in Clue, if I recall correctly, you're never told that you're getting warmer, you're just told if you're right or not, and there's only one combination of room, perp and murder weapon that can be right.

And, thank you all for testing it out and playing. Let's make it better and perhaps another nefarious deed will be committed ....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:17 pm
<sob>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:19 pm
It's okay, Beth <hands Beth a nutella-soaked hankie>. Ooh, sorry 'bout that. Be comforted that he was happy when he went.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:31 pm
To quote the inimitable Mr. Clemens . . .

. . . The reports of my death have been greatly exagerated.
0 Replies

Peace and Love

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 05:48 pm
WooHoo!!!!!

Oh, sorry Setanta..... I shouldn't be celebrating your demise.... LOL....

Jespah, I think the game is great, just the way it is..... I wouldn't speed up the clues.... sometimes we need more time to chat and make outlandish assumptions.... LOL....

I hadn't guessed Roberta..... I didn't have a guess for the Killer..... but, I had a really strong inkling toward Performing Arts, so I just threw that out, to see what happened.....

Thanks, Jespah!!!

This was great fun!!!

PaL
:-)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 07:03 pm
I think its a great game, too, Jespah. I'm no damn good at these sorts of things, but i've enjoyed following along.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 07:09 pm
Well, you were the star! Your death throes were good, a lil on the hammy side...

(I like it too Jes, no specific suggestions. I think what you settled on of saying how many are right but not which ones works.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 07:43 pm
Ham and cheese on a baguette, that'd be our victim.

:wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Aug, 2004 07:11 am
Ah, awesome! I'm glad you liked it. I'll make the changes as I outlined above and then would someone else like to be the gamesmeister general?
0 Replies