Bush,promises made and broken.

au1929

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 10:39 am
Spend a few moments comparing the words of George W. Bush from campaign 2000 to what he is saying and doing now.

Remember Bush said he would be a uniter, not a divider. Remember this man said he would never send our military into action without an exit strategy. Remember this man said he did not believe in nation building. This man promised to take one-half of the budget surpluses and dedicate it to Social Security. This man promised all senior citizens a prescription drug benefit under Medicare. This man stated that he wanted a smaller federal government. This man said he wanted to be the world's peacemaker. This man said he was a compassionate conservative. And the list goes on.
How has he done in making his actions mimic his words? Can you think of any promises kept and others not kept.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,226 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 07:28 pm
AU !
Way to go!
Why didn't our Democrats say these things during the recent elections?
Mad
The pols seem a little hangdog to me. Let's perk'em up!

Joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 20 Jan, 2003 07:31 pm
au - eeyep.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 03:25 pm
What amazes me is how this man has broken almost every promise, is in the process of raping the country, is leading us to the brink of global catastrohe....and soccer mom and joe lunch box just aren't that concerned.

When did it become possible to wrap up every message in a Toby Keith poster with an American flag guitar, and have people just swallow it down?

What's Up???
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 04:22 pm
The crowd in Wasington has Joe Six pack and the soccer mom convinced that it is unpatriotic to see past the war on terrorism. Someone asked is the American electorate dumb. I wouldn't say dumb just cowed.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 06:01 pm
"The education issue ought to be discussed about."

"If you are sick and tired of the politics of cynicism and polls and principles, come and join this campaign."

"It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of our imports come from overseas."

"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It's what you do when you run for president, You gotta preserve."

"I want to reduce our own nuclear capacities to the level commiserate with keeping the peace."

"I know how hard it is to put food on your family."

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 23 Jan, 2003 06:05 pm
The news this morning was just about enough to ruin my day. And, the sad thing is there's nothing special about it these days. Just more Bush administration bullhookie.
0 Replies