How does todays feminist define "equality"?

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 01:03 pm
And how do you think it can be achieved? Over the years, browsing a number of feminist discussions. first, the number had declined drastically, and second, I do not get a clear sense of what the definition of "equality " is.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 358 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 01:15 pm
@sagewoman,
I'm an old feminist, and I do mean old, and I never peruse or browse feminist discussions. Oh, wait, I've had some of those with real people, once in a while, a couple of them on here, but mostly not. Not that I think there aren't still matters to discuss, but that I am easily bored and the workings will now happen in the younger generations. In ways, in my flare of a view, I see a lot of progress going down hill in a handbasket, in the U.S. anyway, but I have also see fantastic progress from when I was nineteen and thinking of medical school (no way, Jose).

My def is simple: equal opportunity, a phrase that covers a lot.
mark noble

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 01:21 pm
@sagewoman,
Isn't being a 'feminist' classed as seperate (unequal by group/tribal classification) stressing inequality by design?
0 Replies

sagewoman

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 04:29 pm
@ossobuco,
I too am an old one, was a teenage girl during the rise of feminism. I also think a lot of the messages in those early days were misunderstood and have created huge problems and confusion between men and women. Such as many young women today. as well as 30 odd years ago, see femininity as well as say a being a stay at home mom a betrayal of .'the sisterhood."There were and still are many men who no longer know their role in life regarding women.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 04:44 pm
@sagewoman,
I'm sympathetic to men. Not all, sometimes not at all, but generally, I can understand viewpoints.

many young women today. as well as 30 odd years ago, see femininity as well as say a being a stay at home mom a betrayal of .'the sisterhood."

I suppose they are out there on some websites. Rolls eyes.
0 Replies