GOP cosponsor of anti-trans bathroom bill is a danger to ‘unsuspecting women’, probe finds

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 06:48 am
GOP cosponsor of anti-trans bathroom bill is a danger to ‘unsuspecting women’, probe finds
Source: Rawstory

A Republican state lawmaker in Tennessee who is pushing to strip transgender people of bathroom rights has been found to be a danger to “unsuspecting women.”

Last week, Tennessee House Speaker Beth Harwell exiled state Rep. Jeremy Durham from his offices at the War Memorial Building and limited his access to other areas after Attorney General Herbert Slatery issued a warning that the lawmaker’s behavior posed “a continuing risk to unsuspecting women who are employed by or interact with the legislature.”

Slatery’s office is leading an investigation into multiple sexual harassment complaints against Durham. Although the investigation is not complete, Slatery said that the warning was necessary because of information learned during interviews with 34 different women.

“With few exceptions, the women who related incidents felt they could not report Representative Durham’s behavior because nothing could be done and they did not want to lose their jobs or be considered ‘untrustworthy’ by employers, clients or legislators,” the letter said.

According to the report, women said that they “avoid or refuse to be alone with Representative Durham, a situation which has affected their ability to perform their jobs.”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/gop-cosponsor-of-anti-trans-bathroom-bill-is-a-danger-to-unsuspecting-women-probe-finds/

Lilkanyon

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 02:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

Source: Rawstory

A Republican state lawmaker in Tennessee who is pushing to strip transgender people of bathroom rights has been found to be a danger to “unsuspecting women.”

Last week, Tennessee House Speaker Beth Harwell exiled state Rep. Jeremy Durham from his offices at the War Memorial Building and limited his access to other areas after Attorney General Herbert Slatery issued a warning that the lawmaker’s behavior posed “a continuing risk to unsuspecting women who are employed by or interact with the legislature.”

Slatery’s office is leading an investigation into multiple sexual harassment complaints against Durham. Although the investigation is not complete, Slatery said that the warning was necessary because of information learned during interviews with 34 different women.

“With few exceptions, the women who related incidents felt they could not report Representative Durham’s behavior because nothing could be done and they did not want to lose their jobs or be considered ‘untrustworthy’ by employers, clients or legislators,” the letter said.

According to the report, women said that they “avoid or refuse to be alone with Representative Durham, a situation which has affected their ability to perform their jobs.”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/gop-cosponsor-of-anti-trans-bathroom-bill-is-a-danger-to-unsuspecting-women-probe-finds/

A ridiculous fear of a people they dont even know.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 03:41 pm
Some body wants to check me out before entering their restroom, I sure hope their phone booth is stocked with toilet paper.
Lilkanyon

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2016 03:50 pm
@roger,
Im still trying hard to imagine the scenerio. A trans man walks in to a womans bathroom, closes a door, pees, walks out. The problem is what again? Is there any female trans that can say what their experience is in a mans bathroom? They are more likely to be raped there. The whole controversy disgusts me.
Lash

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2016 09:22 am
Look, no worries. There are Gender Compliance officers being hired hand over fist (no pun intended), so we can all pee relieved.

NC leads the way PLUS, new jobs are opening up for gender inspectors. Win-win!

http://towndock.net/newsextra/bathroom-re-opens-with-on-duty-compliance-officer
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 04:25 pm
I worry about a government that's so interested in my tally whacker.
revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 04:29 pm
You guys sure come up with names for personal parts. Better than calling it what it is I guess.
In any event, I think the whole thing is backfiring, wonder if they will lighten it up a little in response?
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 04:32 pm
@revelette2,
The one I personally use is 'Mr Weasel.'
revelette2

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 04:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh, well, I am straying into areas better left unexplored. But weasel? Not very inspiring.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 09:48 pm
I have trans pals and don't take all this is fuuny, from locos, but ok from people who aren't all anti bodies.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 08:22 am
@ossobuco,
I wonder what these Teamopes think has been keeping their imaginary perverts out of rest rooms in the past or makes them think the transgendered haven't been using the correct bathrooms they need already. All the new laws do is decriminalize reality. All the proposed Teamope laws do is create law that can't be enforced without undue intrusions and to no good purpose.

I admit I am nervous about using unisex bathrooms, but that's my hangup. People should be allowed to use the facility they feel most comfortable with without having to worry about repercussions.

If Rep Louis Gohmert claims that in high school he'd have claimed to be trans just to get into a girl's room, well that's more a comment on his own personal twist than the legitimate concerns of the transgendered.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 08:26 am
@revelette2,
At the risk of providing "too much information", Mr Weasel is comfortable in his own skin and has had a certain coterie of enthusiastic admirers. Saying anymore of about that would be bragging and overly graphic.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:41 pm
Stop Using Your Children As An Excuse To Be A Hateful Human Being
http://www.scarymommy.com/parents-boycott-target-transgender-bathroom-policy/?utm_source=FB

"If you’re truly worried about child sex abuse, then as a responsible parent, it’d behoove you to know that in three-quarters of sex abuse cases, children are harmed not by pooping strangers, but by members of their own family or someone they know. Furthermore, while girls carry a one in four chance of being sexually abused before age 18, the risk for boys is one in six. If bathroom predators are truly an issue, why on earth would I be worried about my daughter but not my son?"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:49 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
great post..
.. er, commentary.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 04:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
The last time I was nervous in a bathroom was at the bull ring in Tijuana, late sixties. The ladies room (I forget the word, dona?) was full, close to completely, full of ****. That was the time we (girl group) went to see El Cordobes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Cordobés

I have very diminished sense of smell, but it must have been more horrible for others.

Hey, we're all humans and **** happens.

I do get concerns, but take most of the concern as misplaced.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:09 pm
@Lilkanyon,
A man who, usually over a lot of while works out that he is uncomfortable as a man and makes changes is a transwoman.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:36 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I'm sorry, after I said what I said, later I realized I might have been insulting. I simply don't do well in these discussions.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 05:56 pm
I'm sorry too, as I don't know how that bull ring runs. I just remember that day.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2016 07:43 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
I refer to mine as shorty. And as to restrooms, most have enclosed cubicles which nervous people can use if there uncomfortable and I'm not aware of urinals in female restrooms so most men wouldent use them. I have known of female friends using male restrooms rather than wait for the female crowd to clear out.
Lash

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2016 05:01 am
@bobsal u1553115,
See? Now I'm curious. Smile