Young and pregnant.... anybody any suggestions?

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:28 pm
Hi... ok, im 15, and i think im pregnant. Its been over a month since my last period. I have two sisters and they too both had kids when they were teenagers, but... my dad has always resented them for it. And i dont want him to resent me... what should i do if i am?? i really dont want my dad to hate me, and... truthfully... i dont think i want the child either.. please help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,604 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 02:42 pm
Lost teen--

Essentially you have three options: Abortion, adoption or keeping the baby.

Planned Parenthood can be very helpful in dealing with unplanned pregnancies. Call 1 (800) 230-PLAN. To make an appointment with a trained counselor at your nearest Planned Parenthood Center.

Useful website to read about your options:

http://plannedparenthood.org.master.com/texis/master/search/?q=Unplanned+pregnancy&s=SS

What are your boyfriend's thoughts?

You are a minor and either your mother or your father should be involved and informed about your decision.

Good luck.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 05:08 pm
Noddy gives great advice, you should listen to her. Planned parenthood is a great resource.

I have only one thing to add:

ARE YOU CRAZY!? Use a condom, please. Pregnancy is a big worry but it won't kill you - like some other things can.
0 Replies

lisairis

Reply Mon 1 Nov, 2004 03:05 pm
lostteen - can you update us on your predicament? it's a tough situation, i'd like to know how you dealt with it.

hope you are well...

lisairis
0 Replies

Mahagaine7

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 05:39 pm
Hi i 13 years old and i think i am pregnant but i don't know for sure. it was only my 1st time having sex and now i'm scared that i am. and i don't want to do crazy stuff and accidently kill IT can somebody give me some kind of advice. What are some ways that will kill this baby so i will know what i need not to do. IF I AM
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 05:54 pm
Mahagaine--

Welcome to A2K.

You are thirteen and should not be facing a possible pregnancy alone.

Where is your boyfriend? Did you use any form of contraception? When was your last period? When is your next period due?

Could you possibly talk to your mother?

You cannot accidently harm a healthy fetus--except with drugs or alcohol or exposure to other toxins.

Right now the might-be-a-baby is safe. If you are pregnant at 13, you have some planning to do.
0 Replies

Mahagaine7

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:05 pm
my boyfriend he's around when i need him, we used a condom my last period was last month and it came on in the middle of the month and was soppose to come on at the end but that month i didn't have sex it was the halloween weekend when i had sex and now it is november and it hasn't i think i'm just over reacting
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:14 pm
Well if you're not pregnant, let this be awarning to you!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:31 pm
Unfortunately stress and worry are conditions which can disrupt your menstrual cycle. Are your periods usually regular?

Condoms are usually effective at preventing pregnancy when used properly, but they aren't perfect.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Mon 15 Nov, 2004 06:38 pm
The birth control patch is awesome, and as far as I know.....you don't need your mom to go with you to get it!
0 Replies

dadothree

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2005 09:59 pm
You should also talk to a pregnancy crisis center just to make sure that you are getting all of your options fully explained. They can give you free care if you cannot afford it. If you decide to keep the child they will give you help after the birth as well. Or if you decide to give the baby up for adoption they can help with that.

please respond back. I'm sure everyone would like to be updated.
dadothree
0 Replies

Devious Britches

Reply Sat 15 Jan, 2005 01:23 pm
well I see this post is older and I'm curious to what you decided. I'm hoping it turned out well or you decided to either keep it or put it up for adotion. I am an Adoptive parent. I adopted my lil girl and I'm going to adopt 3 more. A child is a blessing and the greatest gift. As for abortion well being a person that can not have a child, you can guess I'm against it but every one has their own opinion on that subject and a right to decide for them self. For those that are thinking about it might want to check out this website called AbortionTv. It's online and you can see what an abortion is and looks like. Very grafic so prepare yourself if you do decide to go look. I know at 15 ya kind of freak out worrying about how the parent will react but know that your dad wont hate you. Disapointment and hating is two different things. He will always love you. he may not agree with your decision to not take care of yourself but not love you will not happen. Hun also if you don't want kids protect yourself cause another thing I'm sure you don't want is aids.
0 Replies