Is Kerry's Presidency Already Doomed?

Harper

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:58 am
It is now a foregone conclusion that Bush will never be elected for the first time to a second term. But he has screwed things up so bad, I am afraid that even Kerry and a Dem Congress won't be able to fix things, or at least it will take a couple years.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 818 • Replies: 10
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 11:13 am
I still think bushinc is going to fix the election one way or another if only by and maybe mostly by appealing to Americas incredible fear.

But if Kerry is elected, he will have gridlock to deal with, the repubs will unleash every shitstorm and make things very difficult if not impossible for him. Kerry will have to use the same blatant and seemingly arrogant approachs that bushinc is famous for to undo even part of what's been done.

Then an ADD citizenry who demands quick fixes and nothing else will get pissed off if they're expected to shoulder any of the work or make any sacrifices.

It is a bad situation but the alternative of four more years of bush is worse. IMO.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 11:13 am
I still think bushinc is going to fix the election one way or another if only by and maybe mostly by appealing to Americas incredible fear.

But if Kerry is elected, he will have gridlock to deal with, the repubs will unleash every shitstorm and make things very difficult if not impossible for him. Kerry will have to use the same blatant and seemingly arrogant approachs that bushinc is famous for to undo even part of what's been done.

Then an ADD citizenry who demands quick fixes and nothing else will get pissed off if they're expected to shoulder any of the work or make any sacrifices.

It is a bad situation but the alternative of four more years of bush is worse. IMO. This is no longr a question of quality of life, that's hurt badly and long term...but rather a question of defining ourselves as a society.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 11:17 am
Harper
For sure, Bush will not be leaving the country to Kerry in as good a financial and world respect condition as he inherited in from Clinton. I also think Kerry will find out our financial condition is worse than currently known. I think there will be huge scandals about "off-the-book" expenditures that will make it even worse. This means that the money won't be available to fix our health care system, even with ending the Bush tax cuts. Our finances are in a devastating condition that will take a long time to fix.

Kerry can eventually get the country back on the right track, but it will be a hell of a year for him and for us to correct the damage done by Bush. It may take two terms for Kerry to fix things, especially if the Republicans still control the House and the Senate. Our only hope is for a Democrat sweep of the three branches of government.

BBB
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 11:17 am
as Richard Farina once remarked (he's dead now) "I been down so long , it looks like up to me" perhaps that could be the new mantra of the american public, but then again, maybe not.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:42 pm
Obviously neither Kerry nor anyone has a magic wand that will undo the harm that Bush has visited upon the nation and indeed the world. Not only will the task be monumental it will have to be accomplished in the face of a hostile republican congress who I feel certain will put every obstacle possible in his path. Politics Uber Alus.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 03:45 pm
Kerry will screw this country up so bad if elected that even carter will look good by comparison. But of course the libs will blame someone else for it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
Hell, already every pres since Nixon is looking better and better in comparison to the current one.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 06:27 pm
Re: Is Kerry's Presidency Already Doomed?
Harper wrote:
It is now a foregone conclusion that Bush will never be elected for the first time to a second term. But he has screwed things up so bad, I am afraid that even Kerry and a Dem Congress won't be able to fix things, or at least it will take a couple years.

Foregone conclusion to who?
Have you seen into the future?
Have you been given inside info regarding the left doctoring the voting machines?
How can you say with a straight face that the conclusion is foregone?
You are stating what you HOPE will happen,thats all.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 07:25 pm
Karzak wrote:
Kerry will screw this country up so bad if elected that even carter will look good by comparison. But of course the libs will blame someone else for it.

well... there you go again. how do you know that kerry will screw the country up? because he's a democrat?

republican presidents have occupied the oval office most of my nearly 48 years. and all but 8 of the last 25. not to mention that with bush jr's admin, republicans also rule congress. and, i believe, most governor's seats.

and look where it got us.

thanks for nothing.
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Sat 21 Aug, 2004 05:53 am
Kerry will win. Bet the farm.
0 Replies