A Kerry Conspiracy?

Brand X

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:15 am
Well, you know Kerry has stopped publication of another book before. You remember his early '70's tome, 'The New Soldier,' the one with the idiots carrying the American flag upside down! I wonder why he wouldn't want that one to be in the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble...
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:19 am
gosh brand x you must think that message carries some weight to post in two different threads.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:24 am
Sure, but hey, don't you guys get angry at me, Kerry backed himself into this corner.

He thought he was laying the ground work for a great presidency but it has backfired.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
If you say so it must be so.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:26 am
That's funny, X. Kerry seems to be ahead in most polls, and has a pretty good shot at locking up the electoral votes if things keep up the way they should.

I'm sure you are looking forward to the RNC for a bounce, but a bounce from who? I highly doubt the convention is going to convince a bunch of swing voters... but the massive protests might...

If by 'backfired' you mean 'is winning' then you might be right.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:33 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
That's funny, X. Kerry seems to be ahead in most polls, and has a pretty good shot at locking up the electoral votes if things keep up the way they should.

I'm sure you are looking forward to the RNC for a bounce, but a bounce from who? I highly doubt the convention is going to convince a bunch of swing voters... but the massive protests might...

If by 'backfired' you mean 'is winning' then you might be right.

Cycloptichorn

I don't think there will be any more bounce from the RNC convention than Kerry got really.

But I do think we're beginning to see the real Kerry and he seems more injured now than he ever was in Nam and he is not handling the pressure well.

The polls may shift in a week or two when more of the public can digest htis scrutiny, and Kerry may have an ace up his sleeve to show at the right moment but I don't think so the way his campaign is fighting this book release etc.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:46 am
but then there is always the possibility that substantive issues such as healthcare, education, jobs losses, national security and international relations, the enviroment, civil rights, not to mention the cost of oil may arise. could we then expect Kerry and Bush to respond with meaningful discourse? probably not. Still, all in all, it would make for a far more intesting campaign. Are we safer in George Bush's american or not? Some of us want to know.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:50 am
Wouldn't it be nice to see debates on those issues, Dys? Sigh.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Aug, 2004 10:54 am
Brand X wrote:
Well, you know Kerry has stopped publication of another book before. You remember his early '70's tome, 'The New Soldier,' the one with the idiots carrying the American flag upside down! I wonder why he wouldn't want that one to be in the bargain bin at Barnes and Noble...

As BBB has pointed out on another thread (where you posted the exact same thing)

Quote:
It seems you are wrong again, Brand X. The following books by John Kerry are still for sale at Amazon.com, including the "New Soldier" you wrongly claim was pulled by Kerry.

Advertised as of 8/20/04 on Amazon.Com:

New Soldier
by John Kerry, David Thorne (Editor)
Availability: Usually ships within 1-2 business days
Edition: Paperback

Other books by John Kerry available via Amazon.com:

A Call to Service by John Kerry
John Kerry (It's Happening to U.S.)
The New War by John Kerry

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=852657#852657
0 Replies