Purchase consideration of a used rv

JivaDas

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 11:08 am
I am considering purchasing a used winnebago chalet. The mileage is about 57k. Assuming the vehicle is in good to excellent condition, about how many years may I expect out of it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,113 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 11:14 am
@JivaDas,
You probably would do better on an RV chat board. Here is one for you to browse: http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/25104037.cfm
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2016 11:31 am
@JivaDas,
the hardst thing on RV's is WATER. Leaks, pipe leaks, window leaks, etc etc. Go inside and take a good wiff. If you smell anything like a watery, moldy smell, back off because leaks generally lead to expensive repairs . The best thing for RVs is meticulous maintenance and dont "do it yourself" because if you **** it up youve got no recourse for a new floor or a wall" We use a service guy named Mellott in Lancaster Pa. they are responsible an, by our assigning work to them each year at the close of a season, they stand behind it even if they screw it up.
"Screw ups are ommon for "do-it-yourselfers"
They all give us trouble, from the Mini WInniee, all the way to a Prevost. ( One of my partners bought a brand new Prevost 2013 (cost im over 1.5 million
bucks). On a trip through Canada, his rig got a roof leak that made it rain in the galley . Water was dripping out of his Arts n Crafyts style ceiling lights. He took a detour and drove to the Prevost plant in Quebec (I think) and they tore the mother apart and repaired and replaced all kinds of insulation. and a new "Shoe box roof"

It dont matter what they cost. They are all built cheaply and most of the factory"s cash is spent on the undercarriage. Prevost used to make all the Greyhound buses.
Now its a company that doesnt do RVs like "Big Tool" or "Fesstool" , or Nachadoches trailer company ,something like that

0 Replies