Where are you in the political spectrum? - Redux

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 12:49 pm
I ran across this poll (dated last month) and am curious at the results a more objective measure might produce.

Do the results agree with your previous self-assessment?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 863 • Replies: 7
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:53 pm
Hey Tailbone. I am a member of the Libertarian party and I have promoted this site before but it always bears repeating.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 03:58 pm
I got Authoritarian (but maybe I was trying).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 05:02 pm
Re: Where are you in the political spectrum? - Redux
Tailbone wrote:
I ran across this poll (dated last month) and am curious at the results a more objective measure might produce.

How is a libertarian organisation's survey "a more objective measure"? The title (see top of your window) does say, "World's Smallest Political Quiz - by the Advocates for Self-Government". In comparison, self-definition works fine for me.

In any case, to find out how many A2K'ers score on this test (and find some background info on the test), check this thread here.

More interesting still, there's also another thread here that starts out with a comparable kind of test, The Political Compass, which I think does a much better job. More detail, more context. And the "world's smallest quiz" is eventually linked into that thread, too, so you can compare how posters rate on either.

Thread: The Political Compass

(In fact, there's two threads here with the same name, same poster, both in the category Politics - here's the other one. That might confuse you, but its because one of them was originally posted in a 'conservative board' within A2K, "the Roundtable", thats since been transformed because of technical reasons.)

Welcome to A2K by the way!
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 05:49 am
The 'Smallest' test puts me as Centrist, and the Political compass shows me as being Left of Centre, and quite libertarian. I'd agree with the latter, although I have some Centrist ideals.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 09:55 am
Nailed it before I took the test, even: left/liberal.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:16 am
Tailbone - thanks for doing what I was (clumsily) trying to acheive with my own poll!! My score tallied with my own assessment on the other poll - Centrist.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2004 10:27 am
I consider myself a centrist, but test said I was slightly left-liberal. Excuse me while I go hug a tree.
0 Replies