Why are the olympics always so god-awful boring?

ossobuco

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 12:44 am
Pnut, some of us here look beyond borders. Your anger is falling on not very interested ears.

Flaming as argument isn't all that useful here.

Given that you have nine posts, I don't think you know much about the site. Come on in and talk and enjoy it. If you don't like a reply, then try to express a good argument why not, don't just slam someone. That doesn't count for much here.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 04:34 am
For 16 days my television never got turned off the Olympic telecast. I love it. And the women in the diving and the volleyball (indoor and beach) have the best bodies I've ever seen.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 05:11 am
Wilso, the Australian athletes were magnificent.

BTW, I read that the US diving program is going down the drain because municipal swimming pools around the country have had to remove their diving boards. Seems the number of lawsuits made them too expensive to maintain. The dive of choice now is the "Cannonball"( a splash entry into the pool)
See: "Anchorman" the movie.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 06:13 am
I was wondering about the US diving. It's unusual to see the US go totally missing in one sport. Public liability seems to be the problem. Of course, every country's got a bit to do to catch the Chinese in that. Those guys (and girls) are like machines.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 09:08 am
That's cool, Wilso, I wish I'd watched more. Australia had a lot of athletes and they looked good.

The synchronized diving was new to me -- very interesting and it looked so difficult. China did seem almost perfect. Did they win?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 1 Sep, 2004 07:08 pm
Yep they won. Australia got one gold in the diving. The Chinese got most of the rest.
0 Replies