Krugman/O'Reilly Mudfest

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:43 pm
I was curious if anyone caught the Paul Krugman/Bill O'Reilly debate on CNBC hosted by Tim Russert. I didn't get to see it in its entirety, walking in on the middle and missing the end. From what I did see it looked very entertaining (at least to me). I believe it aired on August 7th but I saw it on a rerun a few days after that.

I was wondering if anyone else saw it and what your opinions are. For those who didn't see it I'll try to find a link with a transcript if you are interested.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 528 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CerealKiller

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:53 pm
http://www.jimgilliam.com/2004/08/krugman_vs_oreilly_watch_the_video.php
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:26 pm
I saw a lot of it, but not from the beginning so I don't know exactly what I missed. It was entertaining and enlightening. I found that watching their body language was the most interesting of all. If you didn't see it, it's hard to explain. At one point O'Reilly takes on the 'badgering drunk' persona -- pointing his finger in Krugman's face and almost coming out of his chair -- when he remembers himself and takes to shuffling his papers and pushing his coffee cup around the table instead. Krugman often, especially when the conversation gets tense, repeatedly tidied his papers on the desk and often wouldn't look at O'Reilly. Maybe they will replay it as they often do -- you'd have to see it.

Also, O'Reilly admitted that 'Iraq was a big screwup'.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:14 pm
Just read the transcript. Wow.
0 Replies