Michael Moore 'shall' monitor the Floridian elections...

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:23 am
'It's not known if he'll call his next movie "Florida 9/11," but filmmaker Michael Moore is vowing to be an election monitor in the Sunshine State this November.

"I am coming to Florida," the director of "Fahrenheit 9/11" promised Florida's delegation to the Democratic National Convention in Boston. "Together we will guarantee to every Floridian that their vote will be counted this year."

"I will have my cameras. We will put a huge spotlight on them. They will not get away with it this time."'

Read more than this snippet of article here:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=39688
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,118 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Harper

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:30 am
Hope he comes to North Miami, I would love to be in it.

I keep thinking Moore will produce a little epilogue to F9/11 and market it as Bonus coverage to F9/11.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:44 am
Wow!
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:54 am
Thank God for Michael Moore. I'm sure that all the citizens of Florida are so happy that he will ensure a fair election. What would this country do without him?
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:02 am
I'm really sure that will be an unbiased piece of movie history.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 11:04 am
So unbiased that it will, in fact, appear biased. But only to the right.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:10 pm
When Michael Moore is in charge - the only thing safe is the salad bar at Shoney's.

I am sure the conservative people in Florida welcome his largeness to the polls.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:17 pm
What in the world does Michael Moore's size have to do with anything? I, for one, invite any and all to observe this November. The sunlight law is a good thing.
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:21 pm
It was a joke. Letty. I hope more people vote with their brains than with their emotions. Emotions are strong feelings but facts are much better. Kerry scares the bejesus out of me with his voting record.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 12:31 pm
saintspreserveus, Laughing Sorry I misinterpreted. I understand what you're saying about Kerry. I never have voted the party except once or twice; this may make time number three.

Good thread, drom.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:01 pm
Thanks, Letty Very Happy. It caught my attention when I was looking for old maps of America for something completely different.

As for Michael Moore; well, he does something better than Government spin-doctors. He goes out there with the people, which makes all the difference. He's apparently covering our (English) shambles of a system, and our shocking parliamentary system that ensures that your vote doesn't do a damn and your representative in parliament can say nothing at all... (hopefully that will swing voters here, who vote for Labour per incurium.)
0 Replies

saintsfanbrian

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:07 pm
But be carefule drom - he may see the people, but what you see on the silver screen will not always be the truth. He has a nasty habit of filming a peice of fiction and then calling it a documentary. Bowling for Columbine is full of untruths and half truths and out right lies.
www.bowlingfortruth.com
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:20 pm
I know, indeed, SFB, (I was in politics for a short while, and I know plenty about spin, you know.) I know that what Michael Moore pushes is his own version of the truth. Most would accept that.

What I am saying is that he, like the spin-doctors, is pushing one version of a many-layered story, in a very effective way.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:22 pm
I hope Moore does an excellent job monitoring the elections. This way, when Bush wins, there will be no outcry of illegitimacy from the left.
0 Replies

CerealKiller

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 01:41 pm
And Jeanine Garafalo will count the votes. :wink:
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 02:23 pm
Hey, Mc.G., he's not going to be an official monitor or anything; it's not as if you're living in a Banana republic, just yet...

O well; the truth is subjective; people will never die for lies, but rather for their version of the truth.

0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:36 am
Letty wrote:
What in the world does Michael Moore's size have to do with anything? I, for one, invite any and all to observe this November. The sunlight law is a good thing.

My feelings exactly. I am glad he is going. Personally it does releave my mind a little and I really don't care how saying that makes me appear.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 07:37 am
McGentrix wrote:
I hope Moore does an excellent job monitoring the elections. This way, when Bush wins, there will be no outcry of illegitimacy from the left.

Bank robbers rarely rob the same bank. Still--I am glad he is going.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 08:56 am
World Net Daily is the bottom of the barrel for any ligitimate news. It makes The Drudge Report look like the Encyclopedia Britannica.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 10:49 am
revel wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

Bank robbers rarely rob the same bank. Still--I am glad he is going.

I guess bank robbers do rob the same bank twice. (referring to the investigation story on another thread)
0 Replies