Swift Boat Vet interview: gigolo a lying sack of s**t...

swolf

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:42 pm
http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=9066

Quote:

Judson Cox: Who are you, and who are the ''Swift Boat Veterans for Truth''?

Van Odell: I served in the U.S. Navy from October 1966 to October 1972. I was assigned to Coastal Squadron 1 on Swift Boats as a Gunners Mate in Vietnam, on January 9, 1969. During the period January 9, 1969 through July 1969 I served in Coastal Division 11 at An Thoi, RVN. While assigned to Cos Div 11 I served on PCF's 93, 35, and 10. I was on many of the river patrols on which John Kerry was also assigned. During this time I observed his behavior and some of the incidents that are in dispute. My battle station as gunner's mate was the twin 50-cal gun tub; this position was the highest point on a swift and allowed a 360 degree view of any action.

''Swift Boat Veterans for Truth'' is a group of 254 swift boat veterans, 60 of whom served with John Kerry. We were by his side during the events for which he received his medals. We know the truth.

Cox: Why have you come forward now?

Odell: We came forward because Sen. Kerry seeks to become the President of the United States of America. We believe that he is unfit to be president, and to make this man Commander in Chief would be demoralizing and dangerous for our military. Also, I now have a young grandson who means the world to me. He is young enough to think his grandfather is the greatest; without trying, I am his hero. It cuts me to the quick to think one day he would study the history of a president who served with me in Viet Nam and read the lies of atrocities committed by Swift Boat sailors, the lies John Kerry told. What others think about me is nothing compared to what my grandson thinks about his grandfather.

Cox: What were your experiences with John Kerry in Vietnam?

Odell: During the month of March, our crew was given a river patrol mission along with several other boat crews on the Bay Hop River. During our run in, and part of the run out of the river, we encountered no hostile fire.

As we exited the river PCF 3 was the lead boat, we were second in the line, PCF 51 was astern of our craft. The other boats were lined up beside us including Kerry's boat, PCF 94. During the transit we encountered a fishing weir (gill net) stretched across the middle of the river with just enough room on either side to allow a Swift Boat to pass. We passed the fishing weir river left. As the 3 boat passed the weir on the narrowest part of the river it was hit by a mine, which lifted it completely out of the water. I immediately began firing my twin 50's towards river left to suppress any fire. I fired a couple of hundred rounds and realized we were not receiving any return fire from either bank. The other boats quit firing and we commenced rescue operations for the PCF 3 crew and boat. WE DID NOT RECEIVE ANY FIRE FROM EITHER BANK. Our boat picked up members of the disabled PCF-3. I continued to watch all the area for any VC activity and witnessed the majority of the events of the day.

John Kerry received a Bronze Star for this incident, claiming that he saved Jim Rassman's life, at the risk of his own, while receiving hostile fire. That simply did not happen.

Cox: What is your opinion of Sen. Kerry's fitness for the presidency given these experiences?

Odell: He is not fit to be Commander in Chief.

Cox: What are the most important facts the voters should know about Kerry's service in Vietnam?

Odell: He lied. He lied about his service. He lied before the Congress of the United States about atrocities committed by Vietnam Veterans. His ''eye witness accounts'' of rapes, murders, and torture by Swift Boat sailors were fabricated, and they tarred honorable veterans with a stain that still exists today. His entire career in politics and his campaign for the presidency is a lie.

Cox: How have the Kerry campaign and the Democratic Party reacted to your message?

Odell: They have lied about our service in Vietnam with Kerry; they lied about our political affiliations. And they are suing us to stop us from exercising our freedom of speech.

Cox: What is your party affiliation, and for whom will you vote for president?

Odell: I have no party affiliation; I have voted a split ticket all my voting life. In this election the only decision I have made so far is I will NOT support or vote for John Kerry.

Cox: Who should have more credibility, and why: the Swift Boat Vets for Truth or the band of brothers?

Odell: There are seven men that stand behind Senators Kerry's stories. There are 254 Swift Boat Veterans who stand with us. Out of the 254 there are 60 who served directly with John Kerry and have first hand knowledge of his activities in Vietnam and they include Steve Gardner who served as Kerry's gunner's mate. We all condemn his lies. The seven who support the senator are on his payroll. What we have to gain is our good name back after being called war criminals by a serial liar.

Cox: Have you been threatened, either with physical harm or legally?

Odell: Not personally. We are being sued by the Democratic National Committee and Kerry Campaign to end our right to freedom of speech--s freedom that we have already paid for with service and blood. We will not let these guys kill our first amendment right.

Cox: How do you answer the issue of the funding of your group?

Odell: We accept donations from Americans who are interested in getting the truth out. We never allow any donor to tell us what to say. It's our message and it will not be changed by outsiders. Right now, our largest donor is the American people. Since the ad started we have received 5,000 donations totaling $300,000.

Cox: Is there anything else you would like to add, that I have not asked?

Odell: Kerry recently recanted his statement that he was in Cambodia under illegal orders during Christmas, 1968. This is the second lie he is admitting and I think his house of cards is starting to fall.

Cox: Mr. Odell, thank you for your service to our country, for your bravery in standing for the truth, and for granting me this interview.

Quote:

John Kerry received a Bronze Star for this incident, claiming that he saved Jim Rassman's life, at the risk of his own, while receiving hostile fire. That simply did not happen.

No ****!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,453 • Replies: 21
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 02:46 pm
Quote:
Politics :: This is the forum for political discussions, opinions, questions, and general commentary. Don't be bashful; don't be rude. Keep in mind that honest, intelligent, well-intentioned people do have differences of opinion, even experts within their own fields.

Quote:
Flaming and attacking will not be tolerated, nor will the use of belittling names, either to other members, or about political figures.

http://www.able2know.com/aa_politics.php

errr, that's not any kind of official comment. just a sort of suggestion of why it's hard to take your posts seriously.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:22 pm
This is such bullshit.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 03:49 pm
I can't wait to see what swolf has to say about President Kerry.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:26 pm
Ah yes. Another demonstration of why so many here think swolf is a joke.

But not the "ha ha, so funny" kind of joke, sadly.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:34 pm
Don't feed the trolls.
0 Replies

swolf

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:41 pm
ehBeth wrote:

errr, that's not any kind of official comment. just a sort of suggestion of why it's hard to take your posts seriously.

What about a candidate for president of the United States who'd tell a flagrant lie like that? I take it that does not cause you any sort of a problem??
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 04:55 pm
It's not a problem for me. I guess listening to a guy lie constantly for the past four years has made me accept it.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 05:30 pm
kickycan wrote:
It's not a problem for me. I guess listening to a guy lie constantly for the past four years has made me accept it.

Which ones? Oh, the war lie? Kerry said what Bush said. They both saw the same intelligence.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 05:32 pm
<snore>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 06:30 pm
']['he']['ruth wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Which ones? Oh, the war lie? Kerry said what Bush said. They both saw the same intelligence.

So they are both liars. What a f*cking revelation. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:37 am
Only one is responsible for that quagmire in Iraq. Guess who? Only one as Harkin said of Cheney is a coward. Guess who? Only one used influence to stay out of harms way. guess who?Only one went AWOL. Guess who? Only one is a blithering idiot. Guess who?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 07:59 am
Is it Bill Clinton?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:07 am
McG
No need to prove how intelligent you are. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:19 am
Well, Clinton's inactions led to the US Invasion of Iraq, Ran off to England and used his influence to avoid the Vietnam war, many consider him to be a blithering idiot...
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:12 am
Cheap shots belong in WalMart and the IQ is dropping instead of the prices.
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 05:40 pm
LOL, libs are so funny, no matter how bad Kerry is, they don't care.

It must be nice to have such selective vision.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 05:54 pm
Karzak wrote:

Oh, the irony

*sigh*
0 Replies

Karzak

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 08:28 pm
JustanObserver wrote:
Karzak wrote:

Oh, the irony

*sigh*

What irony? You mean how the libs bash bush on the war that kerry supported then and supports now?

Maybe it's kerrys "snowball chance in hell" health care you like, or his "secret plan" for whatever?

Talk to me about irony when your weathervane stops turning in every direction at once.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 09:36 pm
With that set of blinders on you could run the next race at Santa Anita.
0 Replies