Hi.. Is this site good ?

timur

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:11 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Assuming that you are right, why do you think it is so?
Lash

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
So let it be written; so let it be done.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:16 pm
@timur,
Experience. I could be "clueless" and come up with a list and the liberals would far outweigh the conservatives. Of course half of the people I put in the liberal list will claim they are centrists.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:18 pm
@timur,
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.

I'm not sure why it is so. A guess: Liberals retire sooner than conservatives. A lot of the folks here are retired. Liberals tend to be more wordy than conservatives. I don't know. It's a good question that requires more consideration on my part.
0 Replies

timur

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:25 pm
Finn wrote:
Liberals tend to be more wordy than conservatives.

An assertion I'd not endorse..
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:28 pm
@timur,
Well not if you judge me as representative of all conservatives.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 03:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Bet what you want. You like to deal in deception, you spout a load of nonsense about this forum being so liberal in order to make your very right wing views appear mainstream. It's a cheap huckster's trick, and it's a lot easier than dealing with actual issues.

You may be right about my stay being temporary. If my views are too left wing for this site it only proves my point.

Stop bleating about being in the minority and try a bit of honest debate for once.
Roberta

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:13 pm
An innocent, unwary newcomer asks simply, "Is this site good?"

If this were the first thread I encountered when looking around for a good site, I'd run screaming out into the night, never to be seen here again.

cicerone imposter

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:25 pm
@Roberta,
Funny! But you are still around. Many of us beginners are.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 05:53 pm
I think the use of the word liberal is hilarious. The Democratic party is just less conservative than the Republican party, and living later in the 20th century. In a few more decades, they might even enter the 21st century.
izzythepush

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 06:03 pm
@Setanta,
When you're right you're spot on. I couldn't agree more. (Don't quote me on that.)
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 06:12 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I think the use of the word liberal is hilarious. The Democratic party is just less conservative than the Republican party, and living later in the 20th century. In a few more decades, they might even enter the 21st century.

Nods.
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 06:45 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Maj you will find, just like other sites, a few terribly angry at all times about almost everything

Otherwise--mebbe oversimplifying--we're mostly esl, with some pol, philo, and rel. Also for some strange reason many seeking educational or emotional guidance

Umm...what? Lol 😜
0 Replies

Lilkanyon

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 06:53 pm
@Majid,
Majid wrote:

Hi every one

Hahaha! When I first read the topic, I thought it a way to draw people in, to learn who they are, and I was right! I learned a lot too. Thank you! I have not been here very long either. But, what I will say; I enjoy the responses and many people here are very knowlegeable and, for the most part, debate does not break down into personal insults, which is what I respect most. We are people though, nothing is perfect, lol.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:00 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh the puffed up izzythepush laying claim to integrity.

A laugh riot.
Lilkanyon

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:10 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh the puffed up izzythepush laying claim to integrity.

A laugh riot.

My point...😂😝😝😂
Glennn

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 08:33 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
If this were the first thread I encountered when looking around for a good site, I'd run screaming out into the night

And I would hunt you down.

But seriously, the newcomer has nothing to fear. Neither will s/he be judged . . . unless s/he disagrees with someone.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:21 pm
@Lilkanyon,
Is what?
Lilkanyon

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 09:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Is what?

Noone is perfect, lol.
0 Replies

onevoice

Fri 18 Mar, 2016 10:31 pm
@Majid,
Oh... BTW, there will be a fair share of nonsense at times. It just depending on the topic, your view, and who's online and sees the weird rabbit trail your thread has taken and decides to join in. Smile. Some comes in a humorous spirit, some not. It's a forum and to be expected with so many different personalities and perspectives.

On a more positive note, there are also many who will offer a sincere piece of advice if needed. Many who will challenge your thinking on things, which is a good thing if you are looking to learn and grow your view of the world. Throwing yourself into any forum requires a certain thickness of skin to be able to maintain and stay. Thin skinned people don't last long at all. If you have thin skin, I suggest you start working on thickening it up a bit. Smile