Bush's handlers are worried (with good reason)

PDiddie

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:41 pm
"After worrying about their message, advertisements and grass-roots drive," President Bush's campaign "now has another concern on the horizon: the buzz generated by theatrical events, celebrity endorsements, and heavy supporter turnout on the other side, adding the glow of momentum to the Kerry campaign in a race that is locked in a statistical dead heat in most voter surveys," the Boston Globe reports.

"Kerry, with the help of an occasional rock star joining him on stage, has sustained crowds into the tens of thousands since the convention in Boston, in a few instances clearly dwarfing the ticketed events President Bush tends to hold. Kerry, with fewer security concerns than a sitting president, can throw open his doors in ways Bush cannot, giving him a logistical advantage in building big audiences."

(The crowds) "generate a persistent story line in the local media wherever he goes: that the Kerry camp is more open to members of the public."

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040731/capt.pads10207310300.kerry_pads102.jpg

http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/2004/07/30/national/bush.laege.jpg

It's the fourth quarter; the home team's falling farther and farther behind; and it's looking increasingly likely that they are going to need a Hail Mary.

It's going to be an interesting 80 days. :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 893 • Replies: 15
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 08:48 pm
What? Me worry? - A. E. Neuman
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 10:05 pm
Usually the people dumb enough to get their political opinion from rock stars and movies usually don't vote. Kids may register at one of these "Rock against Bush" tours to get free tickets, think they vote? I read a quote from I don't remember who that said something to the tune of "Half the people in this country vote, half the country doesn't read the paper, I hope it isn't the same half" Well, I don't think it is. Most these poser punk-rock bands that are on these anti-bush tours and cds probably don't know where they are suppose to vote. I am not saying some won't but the republicans will get votes they didn't get before as well. People who came out of Fahrenheit 9/11 hating Bush, hated him before.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 09:55 am
']['he']['ruth wrote:
Usually the people dumb enough to get their political opinion from rock stars and movies usually don't vote. Kids may register at one of these "Rock against Bush" tours to get free tickets, think they vote? I read a quote from I don't remember who that said something to the tune of "Half the people in this country vote, half the country doesn't read the paper, I hope it isn't the same half" Well, I don't think it is. Most these poser punk-rock bands that are on these anti-bush tours and cds probably don't know where they are suppose to vote. I am not saying some won't but the republicans will get votes they didn't get before as well. People who came out of Fahrenheit 9/11 hating Bush, hated him before.

Have you forgotten Reagan and Arnold already? Bush don't read the paper, he freely brags about it.

other than that; you are right most people who watched Fahrenheit didn't like bush before seeing it or chances are they wouldn't have went to see it in the first place.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 09:59 am
It's the money dummies, it's the money. Kerry is at a disadvantage because the Dem convention was so early. When the GOP unleashes it's river of contributions as the convention gets under way the propaganda will be a tsunami of ads.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:03 am
']['he']['ruth wrote:

a quote from I don't remember who........certainly good to know you base your opinions on such exhaustive research....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:10 am
Brother's heading that way now I guess
He just read something made his face turn blue
Well I got nothing against the press
They wouldn't print it if it wasn't true

If you want to know about the gay politician
If you want to know how to drive your car
If you want to know about the new sex position
You can read it in the sunday papers, read it in the sunday papers . . .
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:12 am
Quote:
Usually the people dumb enough to get their political opinion from rock stars and movies usually don't vote.

What an interesting opinion.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
Good point Cyclo . . . perhaps they ought to get their political opinions from Fox News--then they could be sure it is fair and balanced . . .
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:33 am
Great tune . Joe Jackson had it right.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:43 am
Setanta wrote:
Good point Cyclo . . . perhaps they ought to get their political opinions from Fox News--then they could be sure it is fair and balanced . . .

Or from Micheal Moore. His opinion seems to mean so much to some.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 10:50 am
I wouldn't know, Provocateur, i've never spent one thin dime on any of his productions.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 05:05 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
']['he']['ruth wrote:

a quote from I don't remember who........certainly good to know you base your opinions on such exhaustive research....

I was just throwing that out there as a point to talk about, HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY OPINION.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 05:08 pm
Setanta wrote:

Nope, usually the liberal news papers.
0 Replies

TheTruth

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 05:13 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:
Usually the people dumb enough to get their political opinion from rock stars and movies usually don't vote.

What an interesting opinion.

Cycloptichorn

No, you're right they do vote, okay. Know many 18 - 21 year olds that vote? The ones that do vote, vote because it interests them usually not because their favorite band said who to vote for.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Mon 16 Aug, 2004 09:49 pm
I voted in the 92 election and didn't vote again till 02. I wasn't interested in all that time, so I would agree that usually most young people don't vote because they think they have better things going on.
0 Replies