CSI vs. 24

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:40 pm
I am a avid CSI Las vegas watcher. How many out there prefer the series 24 over and CSI show's. Waiting for CSI New york to come out. Looks like a good one . I found the series 24 a bit soap operish in compared to the first two season's. I have been told they are replacing the whole cast in season 4 with the exception of Jack. Why is that? Was the 3rd series not living up to the first 2? Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,392 • Replies: 20
No top replies

FoxyMulder

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2004 05:45 pm
Excuse me ?

CSI superior to 24, you have to be kidding me, 24 has it all, excitement, adventure, and more nailbiting tension than you can handle per episode, 24 is the Citizen kane of television while CSI is a bad B Movie, i suggest you actually watch 24 and stop drooling over the male characters of CSI.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 17 Aug, 2004 10:36 am
I love the CSI shows. Never seen 24.

FoxyMulder

A little kindness and respect doesn't cost anything.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Aug, 2004 08:59 am
never seen 24 but I've heard good things about it.

I love CSI. Las Vegas more than Miami. Very Happy
0 Replies

FoxyMulder

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:10 pm
Actually Montana i know Miss Radiant Beautiful Eyes personally and we always have light hearted discussion, i respect her fully and hope you are not offended by my comments which were made as a laugh between us as she is a huge CSI fan and i am a huge 24 fan Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:14 pm
Well, FOX hasn't bought into HD yet, so 24 is broadcast in what they call "Fox Widescreen". It's pretty crappy really, when viewed on a true HD monitor.

So I vote for CSI, and I like the Miami version, cuz Grissom is a hypocrite.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:30 pm
FoxyMulder wrote:
Actually Montana i know Miss Radiant Beautiful Eyes personally and we always have light hearted discussion, i respect her fully and hope you are not offended by my comments which were made as a laugh between us as she is a huge CSI fan and i am a huge 24 fan Smile

Alrighty then. Obviously, I wasn't aware of your friendship and I missed the joke. I personally wasn't offended as I was just making a comment on the attitude that I didn't know was an inside joke.
Thanks for explaining it to me though. It prevents me of think of you as a jerk, lol ;-)
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 23 Aug, 2004 04:31 pm
24 rules
0 Replies

RadiantEyes

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:20 am
"So I vote for CSI, and I like the Miami version, cuz Grissom is a hypocrite".

Why is Grissom a hypocrite? I find his character is sincere and honest. I find David Caruso over acts and ruins a perfectly good show. He was fired from NYPD blues because he demanded more money for his lousy acting abilities. lol
0 Replies

RadiantEyes

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:25 am
Montana,

Thank you stepping up to the plate and confronting FoxyMulder on his action's. He has a tendency to think he's always right. lol
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:55 am
RadiantEyes wrote:
"So I vote for CSI, and I like the Miami version, cuz Grissom is a hypocrite".

Why is Grissom a hypocrite? I find his character is sincere and honest. I find David Caruso over acts and ruins a perfectly good show. He was fired from NYPD blues because he demanded more money for his lousy acting abilities. lol

Because he's so uncomfortable with guns unless he's holding one. His character screams gun control, except for of course, himself.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 10:59 am
LOL! Anytime Radiant. We both know he's wrong, so all is good.

I like both CSI's although I like the origional better than Miami.

CJ
Grissom is cool, so you just leave him alone buster!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 11:00 am
What's this 24 show all about?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 11:02 am
Each show is supposed to represent 1 hour in a day, where no one ever sleeps. There are 24 new shows each season. Typically there is some horrible thing about to happen and they only have 24 hours to stop it.

It's actually a good show, and with FOX finally adopting HD this fall, it's going to be a GREAT show.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 11:04 am
Ok. Doesn't sound like something I'd be in to.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 11:08 am
What turned me off was that if you missed an episode, it was difficult to pick up on it again. Plus, it has lots of competition in it's time slot that stole my attention.
0 Replies

FoxyMulder

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 11:18 am
Hey Radiant........ this is for u x

Pssst its not that i'm always right its that i can't do left Smile

I kind of think the Jack Bauer character from 24 reminds me of the Jack Travern character played by Keanu Reeves in Speed, both go after what they want and let nothing stand in their way, i think Ron Howards company produces 24 ( Richie from Happy Days and now a succesful film director with hits like Apollo 13 and Backdraft under his belt )

If you miss an episode of 24 it should be easy to pick up because they have a brief summary of what happened in the last episode at the beginning of each new one.

boy is my typing bad today.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 24 Aug, 2004 12:00 pm
I tend to miss the intro summary, I guess...
0 Replies

Murgie

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 03:37 pm
CSI ALL THE WAY!!
csi is a fantastic bit of tv, tho 24 certainly has its gud bits, the concept for starters is really original, but i found it repetetive in the 2nd season.
I think csi las vegas is better than the spin off in miami. csi has a lot goin 4 it, a bit of mystery, a bit of action, a bit of thrill, a bit of personal matters(but not too much thus the difference between csi and its british counterpart waking the dead) and a good measure of forensic education thrown in!!

so in conclusion *pants*...both very good quality programmes but only one gets the gold
(excuse the olympic pun)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2004 11:40 pm
I don't watch tv anymore, having given it wildly many years of my life.
So, CSI, anyone willing to tell me what you are talking about? What is the main story here?
0 Replies