Does half the US have a personality disorder?

saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 09:57 am
@Linkat,
http://i64.tinypic.com/nbdph3.jpg
I found above link and there is a lot of pictures and stories regarding this picture.
Hunting is legal in the jurisdiction where this hunt occurred.
Nowhere as far as I can see says it is an American family.
Most of the protests come from Vegan people.
The safari was arranged by a safari firm
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 09:57 am
@Linkat,
Hunting trophy imports to Australia rise as global trophy imports fall

Seems like Australians have a higher rate of personality disorders than Americans.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/hunting-trophy-imports-to-australia-rise-as-global-trophy-imports-fall-20150807-giuagr.html#ixzz42QCrMo9b
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

http://able2know.org/topic/313719-1#post-6141769
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:00 am
@Linkat,
And sorry but my link has proof with pictures of the identity of the hunters - but lets not let actual evidence muddy the waters when we randomly accuse a whole group simply because one is prejudiced against them.
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:03 am
@saab,
Snopes pretty much the details on this as well and they also state the identity of individuals in the picture are unknown and that the hunt is legal - I am not a fan of big game hunting and don't like the proud look of the picture. But it is a legal hunt like you said.

And yes the individual running the hunt is of African (not American) descent at least according to snopes. The identity of the family is unknown. But one really is not in the spot to accuse someone without having the facts themself.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:12 am
@Linkat,
In fact two thirds of ALL NATIONS are dumb...the details just about how much are left for advertisers to study.

Yes America has a problem with guns. Other countries have other sort of problems. There, trivial redundant common knowledge facts splashed around the thread.
saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:17 am
@Linkat,
I have a neighbour who is a hunter. That is ok with me.
But I do not like when he goes to Africa for big game and when you get into the house there is a large stuffed lion. That turns my stomach.
saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:19 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
...and Portugal belongs to the one third?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:29 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
You ask for proof that this family are American - you are the one accusing so you should provide such proof and even if it is true that they American - does one American family equate to half a nation?

Didn't Max already prove that the picture is of an Australian family?
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:32 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
And sorry but my link has proof with pictures of the identity of the hunters - but lets not let actual evidence muddy the waters when we randomly accuse a whole group simply because one is prejudiced against them.

Ah. I see you got it too.
Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:41 am
@oralloy,
I am not sure if he provided actual proof, but if you go on websites like snopes and similar ones that post facts supporting rumors like these it states the identity of the family is not known. It is also not known whether they were the ones that had hunted and shot the elephant.

Here is the snopes link -
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/elephant.asp

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 10:47 am
@oralloy,
Sorry orally but the link I provided was of a different trophy hunt with an article about Australians increasing their trophy hunting. This particular article is full of facts as opposed to a simple picture claiming the family is a rich American family killing an elephant while it was eating.

I did not find anything that supports who the family is in that picture and where they are from. I did find a lot of information supporting that most of what is stated about the picture is simply surmising and rumored not much in the way of facts other than it appears to be an actual picture and not doctored in any way and it is a true hunt that is not illegal.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 11:35 am
@saab,
I explained myself poorly thanks for the reminder or I would never correct it...
Meant to say, two thirds of all people in ANY nation are dumb !
A experiment done in the 60's of the past century about giving lethal dosages of electric shocks by orders of a superior has show 66% of the population is capable of blindingly following orders even against human rights or even kill, if told that to do so by their employers it is al right. Apparently just 1/3 is capable of questioning orders and reason independently...this magic number the 66% vs 33% has now showed up in a load of different studies about market behaviour regarding advertising and in other areas...so yeah there's that, we all know for a long time now we live among idiots, I don't know what is surprising about that...

PS - Portugal is full of dumb idiots all over ! (as expected)
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 11:40 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Stanford and Yale did experiments that supports your thesis. Any group can be told to do harmful things to other people under circumstances within groups.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 11:50 am
That we are told to do certain things does not mean we are dum.
It shows we are followers. The experiments are usually done to show we follow dum or wrong things. We do that too when it comes to good things.
Why do they show crying babies when they need money for Africa? We feel more sorry for a baby than a grown up woman or man.
Why do they show certain types for certain things in advertising. Because we
follow the mainstream and believer what is being said.
Just look at yourself Albuquequr - you just repeat things people had said of negative things about the states repeating things about Europe without really diferenceciat the different countries
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 11:54 am
@saab,
It has nothing to do with dumb. The average IQ of students that attend Stanford and Yale are in the top 10% oh high school grads.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 11:59 am
Quote:
That we are told to do certain things does not mean we are dum.
Quote:

Please read what I wrote - it is quoted above.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 12:04 pm
@saab,
Yeah when you told to kill someone because its al right nobody gona send you to prison for that you showing your intellectual independence... Rolling Eyes

PS - You do realise that said study in the 60's was looking for potential psychopaths in the population and they found this by accident...they couldn't believe the results...they repeated the experiment with all sorts of population around the world. Results are flawless everywhere. Nowadays the Industry and marketing are well aware just how fool people are. That's why our machines now last 2 years till insurance ends instead of a lifetime like in our grandfathers days...
saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 12:18 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Take time to read what Milram did in the 60ites It isquestinable
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/01/rethinking-one-of-psychologys-most-infamous-experiments/384913/
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 12:33 pm
@saab,
...oh boy...you think Milram is a one off ? How about 66% of the people in an plane air crash freeze while 33% immediately stand up and start organizing evacuation and bringing together the majority so to prevent chaos ? There are tons of variations of Milram experiment that always come with the same conclusion and percentile. I wasn't convinced by the experiment alone but by daily observation of people's behaviour and the multiple variations of these famous 2/3 numbers showing up in all kind of situations...from compulsive buying, up to fashion followers, or ethical independence...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 12:38 pm
Speaking of America scaring Europe and the world take a look at Obama comment on the possibility the American people elect an idiot like Trump:

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 12:07:30