Does half the US have a personality disorder?

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:57 am
@saab,
Hunting can only be justified when you hunt for ENOUGH food for you and your family in very specific cultural circunstances. Hunting for sport is no less then appaling
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 06:06 am
@maxdancona,
America is visible, we all know how it works Europe not so much. Most of you don't have a clue about the differences on quality of life here. Don't start me on literacy health care etc. Europe is still the bastion of civilization and deep down you guys know it. I have nothing but sheer apreciation for the best in America but knowadays America is quicly regressing as an example. The coorporate world and saavage capitalism along with mass media manipulation has destroyed and take over the little Ethics previous generations imported from Europe.
Unfortunately Europe is importing the worst in there instead of preserving the best it always had to offer to the world. Also please don't confuse the idea of State, something we Europeans respect, the public thing, the Res Publica, with state man and failed corrupt politicians. Those are everywhere Unfortunately.
saab

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 06:41 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Very few people in western countries have to hunt for food.
As it is today you often have to hunt because of the invirement. When deer, elk or wild boars take overhand and destroy for the farmers, hunting is necessary.
That one also can use the game for food is ok.
There has to be space for both men and beast.
oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:02 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
Hunting is not a perfectly acceptable pastime .

Yes it is.

saab wrote:
Hunting is for people who know what they are doing and what kind of animals to hunt for and when.

That does not change the fact that it is a perfectly acceptable pastime.

saab wrote:
Tourists going to Africa to hunt for big game just for fun is just awful

If you don't want to do it yourself, then don't. Problem solved.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:03 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Hunting can only be justified when you hunt for ENOUGH food for you and your family in very specific cultural circunstances.

Hunting is justified when a free American citizen chooses to go hunting. Don't confuse an American citizen for one of your fellow serfs.

Fil Albuquerque wrote:
Hunting for sport is no less then appaling

If you don't want to do it yourself, then don't. See how easy that was?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:06 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
As it is today you often have to hunt because of the invirement. When deer, elk or wild boars take overhand and destroy for the farmers, hunting is necessary.
That one also can use the game for food is ok.

Much more reasonable.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:26 am
Oralloy
You are just hopeless with your ideas about hunting as a passtime fun.
It is not like golf or sailing
Just because you have a day off and the weather is perfect you can´t take your
gun and go hunting.
Just like you have to learn to play golf and learn to sail you have to learn to hunt.
Just because an elk is grassing on my property or a couple of deers I can´t shoot them because I think it would be fun.
Usually I try to behave but you are a complete f.......i.....
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:39 am
@saab,
Do you eat meat Saab?

Do you own a cat?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:46 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Quote:
Europe is still the bastion of civilization and deep down you guys know it.

Bullshit! Only our White Supremacists believe that Europe is a bastion of civilization (a small fringe that is annoying but insignificant).

The greatest accomplishment of the United States was moving beyond our European roots and Eurocentrism in general to reach a place where at our best we represent many different roots from Latin America to Asia to Africa.

Most of us look at Eurocentrist bigotry as a problem that we have moved past long ago.
Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:05 am
I am always amused when people bad-mouth American culture, while wearing blue jeans and hoodies, watching American motion pictures and television, eating hamburgers, nachos, popcorn and potato chips . . . in short, the nation that so many love to hate, and which is sneered at for a lack of culture--has provided the world some of its most popular and enduring cultural artifacts.

saab

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:15 am
@maxdancona,
Yes I eat meat, but do not hunt for it
No I do not have a cat, used to have one and also a dog and now I have the pleasure of taking care of other peoples cats and dogs when they are on vacation.
I also eat fish and I used to fish for it and we even smoked our own fish.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:24 am
@maxdancona,
I see statistics and facts are beaten by delusion...this has nothing to do with white supremacists you fool this has to do with culture not race. Bye now, enough of idiocy for one talk.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:34 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
I haven't seen you give any facts or statistics for your alleged European Cultural Superiority.
saab

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:37 am
@Setanta,
The Europeans when entering the boat to America did not leave their culture behind.
You European Americans still eat ethnical food from Europe and from other parts of the world and developed your own
You have music your own plus from Europe and other parts of the world
You have fantastic authors - the tradition to write books came with the immigrants
Artists came from outside and you have many artists
If you say America has no culture it sounds as if anybody moving to USA left everything behind of his/hers cultural heritage.
So if USA has no culture it would be because of the Europeans who forgot all about it.
And why has then Australia or Canada or New Zeland culture These countries are also shaped by Europeans.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:50 am
@maxdancona,
I never said I gave them. I know them. Do your research.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 09:11 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
What you said was "knowadays America is quicly regressing as an example. The coorporate world and saavage capitalism along with mass media manipulation has destroyed and take over the little Ethics previous generations imported from Europe"

and

"Europe is still the bastion of civilization and deep down you guys know it"

I find both of these statements to be laughable. The legacy of Europe is colonization, slavery and genocide. The further we away we are from European "ethics" the better off we are.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 10:41 am
@saab,
The US as a melting pot is a conglomeration of many cultures. Many came as slaves and railroad builders, and brought their culture with them. The recent influx from the Far East has impacted this country in many ways. In California alone, we have many restaurants and businesses from Korea and Vietnam. My wife and I frequently go to their restaurant to enjoy their food.
dalehileman

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 10:42 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
a perfectly acceptable pastime
Doubtless to many
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 12:33 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good point - the great diversity in cultural has brought some awesome restaurants and different food experiences.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 04:19 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

That's exactly my point. Those animals you have mentioned need culling because of their numbers. Elephants are an endangered species. Their numbers don't need to be thinned out. They didn't need it for food. They didn't track it for days in an epic battle between man and beast. They just shot the poor thing while it was eating, and then posed next to it as if it was some great feat. There's something seriously amiss in the minds of people who can take any pride in what they've done.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 02:05:37