Does half the US have a personality disorder?

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:46 pm
@Blickers,
I believe it's about the genes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 08:47 pm
@Blickers,
New research investigates inherited causes of autism. Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are among the most heritable of all neuropsychiatric conditions. Yet, most genetic links to ASD found in recent years have involved de novo mutations, which are not passed from parent to child, but instead arise spontaneously.Feb 1, 2013
Blickers

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 09:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Yes, but all "races" have autism. I mean autism itself could be inherited, but that does not mean it is specific to one population group or "race".

Some autism websites try to gloss over autism in Africans and African Americans, but it is definitely there, in fact the spokesperson for autism in the USA is Holly Robinson Peete, wife of former NFL QB Rodney Peete, both of whom are African American as is their autistic son. Autism rates are not reported much in Africa because most African nations have extremely big health issues, they don't have the resources to pay much attention to autism, but it is definitely there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2016 11:17 pm
@Blickers,
I repeat, Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) are among the most heritable of all neuropsychiatric conditions. Yes, that applies to all races.
Blickers

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2016 12:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
Fair enough. My point was that Fils seemed to be leading toward the idea that different "races", or population groups, are good for different things. And I'm certainly willing to admit that some population groups have different bone densities, (commensurate with muscle mass), leading to physical strength. And of course, some populations are susceptible, or immune, to some diseases. But as far as mental abilities or personalities go, that seems to be cultural-but Fils seems to be leaning in the opposite direction.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:45:56