Does half the US have a personality disorder?

Setanta

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 04:42 pm
@saab,
I'm not the one who says Americans have no culture, the Europeans are the ones who say that. A lot of the music of the United States which is popular around the world comes from Americans of African descent. They made good music despite the Europeans, who bought them, beat them, raped them and all too often murdered them. Spare me this paean to the excellence of all things European. Most of our European immigrants came here to escape Europe, and its brutal injustice.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 05:31 pm
@Setanta,
Couldn't have said it better myself. The US is the oldest democracy in the world, and we're only a little over 200 years old. We have people from all around the globe, because they know that this country offers everybody the same opportunity and freedoms.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:02 pm
@Wilso,
Yes, yes, but how does that relate to your US personality disorder in the title. Axe to grind?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I'm not the one who says Americans have no culture, the Europeans are the ones who say that. A lot of the music of the United States which is popular around the world comes from Americans of African descent. They made good music despite the Europeans, who bought them, beat them, raped them and all too often murdered them. Spare me this paean to the excellence of all things European. Most of our European immigrants came here to escape Europe, and its brutal injustice.

You guys bought them n beat them we just sold them to your sugar plantations. Besides our racial problem has long ended, except for a few lunatic cases, by comparison with Murika we are really civil with races. Meanwhile back there is far west and "super predators" talk, gang land and gun feast...journalism an anecdote, politics a black and white dichotomy joke. You care with people starts with the **** education system with cross tests that barely require writing, with poor health care, and wall mart black Fridays invasions...not to mention the appalling eye bleeding taste in design and decoration. If you big brother yourselves by video you would be dismayed...now try northern Europe countries like Sweden or Finland and see the abyssal difference.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 07:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Bullshit Fil,

Racism in Europe is far worse than that in the US. And, in the US we bring it out in the open and struggle publicly. In Europe routinely racism is swept under the carpet. It was Europeans coming to America who brought slavery and colonization. Now we are much more than European... Europe has largely stagnated culturally and economically, America has continued to make progress.

Yet you have Christmas celebrations in Blackface in the Netherlands. You have ethnic ghettos in France and Denmark. You have areas in German cities, including Berlin, where Black people woudn't dare to go. You have laws targeting the free speech of religious minorities in France. Minorities in Greece get beaten up. Black people in Italy and Spain have a hard time getting a hotel room. Jewish people throughout Europe are leaving for more welcoming countries.

All of this is largely ignored by European society...

In the US, at least we deal with it publicly. We aren't perfect but we are willing to have the public debate.

In Europe people social class is too inbred and people are too self-righteous to even face racism.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:18 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Boy, you are lugging around a load of vitriol, plus a superiority complex. Something about an aristocratic background? We have millions of people and a lot of land, not always used wisely.

I tend to like europeans, at least some of the time. I've read at length about your wars and internecine hatreds. Maybe you should do that.

Oh, I like a variety of people from other continents too, some of the time.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 08:25 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
I would be interested in what newspapers/websites or magazines you read about the US. Or, what blogs. Not to mention books.
oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 11:33 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:
Usually I try to behave but you are a complete f.......i.....

Just remember that it is acceptable for our military to use thermonuclear weapons if that is necessary to preserve our Constitutional way of life.

Not that you represent any threat to us. But if you want to daydream about somehow forcing free Americans to give up our fundamental rights, make sure that your daydream ends with a full thermonuclear strike against all of your population centers.
oralloy

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 11:46 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:
That's exactly my point. Those animals you have mentioned need culling because of their numbers. Elephants are an endangered species. Their numbers don't need to be thinned out.

In some areas they are overpopulated and are a threat to the local human population.

Wilso wrote:
They didn't need it for food.

Often the meat from hunted elephants is donated to local villages and used to enrich the diets of impoverished villagers.

Wilso wrote:
They didn't track it for days in an epic battle between man and beast. They just shot the poor thing while it was eating, and then posed next to it as if it was some great feat. There's something seriously amiss in the minds of people who can take any pride in what they've done.

Elephants are a very dangerous animal to hunt. The rifles are difficult to handle due to the incredible recoil. The rifles have a short range, requiring the hunter to get very close to the elephant before firing. And elephants are very powerful animals that can easily kill humans.

Anyone who succeeds in hunting one can take pride at having mastered a very difficult (and risky) challenge.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2016 11:56 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Yes, yes, but how does that relate to your US personality disorder in the title. Axe to grind?

If the thousands of posts I've read relating gun ownership to freedom, and the positive aspects of gun culture have not been from Americans, I will withdraw my objection. If someone provides me with evidence that the picture is not of an American family, I will withdraw my objection. But show anyone on earth that picture, and ask them to take a guess at their nationality, maybe 2 in 7 billion would not immediately answer "American".

I'll go further. Any member here (regardless of nationality) who does not look at that photograph and immediately feel profound disgust, please go to my profile, and put me on ignore. You're possessed of a mind that I don't want to associate with.
saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 01:46 am
@Setanta,
I pointed out that Americans have culture and the first Europeans brought it and then it developed in USA and it mixed with culture from other culture from other continents.
I have heard this about America so often and I have more than often stood up for USA´s culture and diversity. I have written letters to editors.
I did not try to correct you I tried to support you.
0 Replies

saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 02:18 am
@oralloy,
How dare you to threaten with thermonuclear weapons in the name of your military against my countries population.
Have you gone out of your mind completely?
roger

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 02:35 am
@saab,
Sadly
saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 02:46 am
@roger,
Maybe orallay is a follower of Kim Jong Un -
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:04 am
@ossobuco,
I have two Americas in my mind when I speak of America. One is enlightened, invests in Science, explores the Universe, welcomes group diversity, fights racism, the death penalty, coorporate savaage capitalism and even aknowledges Obama care was a baby step in the right direction...now the old America, the mass America, the individual America, the one that confuses politicians with the State, the one who favours retribution instead of education, the one who enslaves its own population with poorly paid meaningless work morning to dust because that's how good boyscouts do it, the one that charges an arm and a leg at hospitals in times of need, that sort of America playing with guns and making things go baaang like kiddos in a candy store, no thank you.

You have been to Europe Osso so you have no excuse....here if you fall down a cliff you don't have to start a fund rasing campaign to pay 100k to the hospital. Zilch zero is how much you pay. No death penalty here, no preaching zealots, no haters gonna hate meme, hell we rarelly use the word hatred around here.
I could go on for an evening but the point is made.

I can't wait to visit NASA instalations or have a nice walk at central park in New York, but please, don't sell me the old America is the greatest country to live in the world...that one has now fallen into joke territory.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:22 am
@saab,
saab wrote:
How dare you to threaten with thermonuclear weapons in the name of your military against my countries population.
Have you gone out of your mind completely?

While you are yammering your silly hatred of my country's freedom, you might want to give some thought to the people and weapons who are poised to defend that freedom.
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:23 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
Sadly

What's wrong with reminding a Freedom Hater that there will be costs to any actual attempt to deny us our freedom?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:45 am
@oralloy,
You are the perfect example of dystopian America that make us Europeans jaw drop in disbelief. Thank god America is much more then people like you. The good thing is that people like you will go exctint in less then 200 years in the information age. We just don't put up with Alpha idiots anymore.
saab

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:47 am
Ossobuco
I would like to point out that Albuquerque does not seem to really know about how the over 40 European countries work differently when it comes to education, health, taking care of handicapped or old people. One should not forget about children in endangered inviroments. Livingstandards, taxes and income varies too.
oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2016 04:53 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:
You are the perfect example of dystopian America that make us Europeans jaw drop in disbelief. Thank god America is much more then people like you. The good thing is that people like you will go exctint in less then 200 years in the information age. We just don't put up with Alpha idiots anymore.

America's freedom isn't going anywhere. We will remain a free country until the end of time.

And you too should give some thought to the weapons and military who stand poised to defend America's freedom.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 09:14:52